CHAPTER 6: It Will All Be Okay

LANDON

"Alpha?! It's Liza." Elliot tells me while handing me the phone.

Liza is a good friend of ours that we've known since grade school. Her and I haven't seen or talked to her in a few years for certain family issues. I don't need this right now though. As much as I'd like to see her and catch up, I just don't have the time.

"Hey, Liza." I answer politely.

"Hey Alpha. It's been a while." She says.

"Yeah, it has. Look, I'm sorry but I'm a little busy right now. I'll hit you up though after I get done.

"Yes well, I know about Anna and what happened. My aunt, the Moon Goddess, she told me months ago what had happened and told me to help protect her. So I have. I wanted to tell you but she made me promise not to. For Anna's safety. Then I got a call from my aunt telling me that something bad is going on in the council and in order for her to find out, she would leave but, warned me that Rivers and Sheira are close by here.  I haven't sniffed their scents out but Landon I know there isn't much time. I'm going to send you her address here and you need to come tonight, right away." She says urgently.

"She's been there with you the whole time?" I ask.

"Yes. Please don't be upset. Now isn't the time to be. Right now, you need to hurry and get Anna out of here. Her wolf I think is returning....." She started and then she hung up.

I tried calling back but it went straight to voicemail. I then received a quick text seconds later giving me the address and telling me that somebody was there, that's why she had to hang up, just in case.

That however, was the last text. Little did I know that would be the last time I would hear from her again.

After quickly informing the pack and telling them to prepare things for when we return, Elliot, Rockwell, Kavina, Giselle and I all got onto my private jet and made our way to where she was.

Though once we got there and rushed towards the address, we ran up the stairs and found Liza's lifeless body on the floor.

Elliot quickly checked her pulse but she was already gone. It was too late.

Then as I look over at her hands, I see her cell phone. Right as I feel things are becoming more hopeless, I unlock her phone, which I don't understand why she had made it too easy. But as soon as I unlocked it, the first thing that popped up was a message it looked to have been that she was going to send to me.

Once I wiped the blood stain from her fingertips off the screen and keys with a towel I had Elliot get me, I read it saying who took her and then the time it was before she died.

I looked down at her body again and started to tear up while feeling even more angry at Rivers and Sheira. I swear as god as my witness, they will pay greatly.

"I promise I'll make them pay." I tell her.

Giselle comes running inside breathless and shouts to us.

"Alpha! I can smell his scent. They aren't too far but we need to leave, now." She exclaims.

All of us run outside and get into the car then start taking off.

It doesn't take longer than several minutes at the speed of over eighty miles, until we catch up with them.

When we do, I can begin to smell a little of her scent.

'I'm coming my love.' I say inside my head to myself.

Then the next thing we hear is the smashing of metal as we just now crash into their car sending theirs flying as ours just stays in place.

I hope to god that my mate survives this. That hit was a little harder than I expected it to be.

I quickly run out as does everyone else following me and I sprint towards the car that is now flipped upside down at the bottom of a hill.

I have Elliot and Rockwell who have just gotten beside me, I have them lift it off of her as I pull her out.

I noticed her eyes were half opened and then as soon as I scooped her up in my arms, holding her close to my chest, I began quickly carrying her bridal style up the hill and kissing her.

"I'm here now Anna and even if it takes forever for you to remember me, us, I will wait for you and always be right here beside you. I love you so much and I promise that everything is going to be okay. I'll make sure of it." I tell her and her wolf if they both can hear me.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)