I Don't Know How I Can

Namjoon's POV

The next morning I woke up not remembering going to bed in the first place. I wasn't even under the covers.

My stomach grumbled too. I remembered I didn't even eat dinner.

Oh yeah... I remembered why I didn't want to be around the guys. Jimin to be more specific.

I mean, I shouldn't be mad at him. It's not like I asked (y/n) out before he did or anything, so I shouldn't have a reason to be mad.

But I am and I can't help it. He took the girl I liked. That I still like.

How am I supposed to deal with two important people in my life being around me all the time and it hurting every time I see them?!

I don't want to go through that.

I sighed. I just have to be okay with it because there's nothing else I can do. It's not like I'm gonna try to steal (y/n) away from Jimin. He's like my brother! Plus, even though it hurts to only use the word friend now without the hope of something in the future, I can't lose (y/n) either. She means too much to me.

I shook all the thoughts out of my head and decided to get ready for the day.

~time skip to after school (sorry guys XD)~

(Y/n)'s POV

The day went by as normal as always, except for one main thing; Namjoon.

In Language Arts, J-Hope told me that Namjoon came back last night, but he seemed different. He told me that he was kind of isolating himself and how he generally seemed mad at Jimin for some reason. Come to think of it, in class he just seemed different too. He didn't talk to me much and he was paying more attention to the teacher than he normally did. In reality, he was different.

We just don't know why.

It was the end of the day now so we could all go home. I didn't have any plans that I could think of. Suho has to work tonight, so he's not going to be home until later. Maybe I could see what the guys were doing. Either that or stay home and binge watch some more Goblin.

I would've left class with Emma, Ari, and Hope, but I had to check with the teacher about something first. When I was done with that, I headed off to my locker.

Before I even got to the hallway where it was, I heard shouting. It sounded familiar and I immediately recognized the voice as Namjoon.

Just as I turned the corner, I saw Namjoon's fist collide with Jimin's face.

WHAT IN THE HELL!

"NAMJOON! What are you doing?!" I yelled as I jumped in front of Jimin so I stood between the two. I noticed that Ari was next to Jimin too. Awww did he ask her out already?

'Focus on what's important now!' I told myself.

"I'm punching this idiot who I never thought had the mind of a cheater!" He yelled. I've never seen this side of him. "Can't you see your boyfriend is with another girl now?!"

"My... wait, my what?" I asked. Jimin was holding his nose and trying to contain the blood flowing from it. Ari luckily had some Kleenex with her and tried to help him stop the bleeding. "Did you just call Jimin my boyfriend?"

"Yeah, what do you think I said? It's obvious you guys are a thing now. I heard everything," he said.

"What do you mean everything hyung?" Jimin asked in a different voice since his nose was kinda plugged. "There's nothing between us in that way."

"Oh don't think you can fool me. I heard you guys in the bedroom. Jimin asked you out (y/n) and you clearly said yes," he explained.

Oh my god.

He heard us when Jimin was practicing asking Ari out. That's why he's been different.

"I, that wasn't," I started.

"No need to explain... I don't care about that. All I care about is how I'm related to a cheater," he growled. You could see the hurt in Jimin's eyes.

"Namjoon that," Jimin started.

"I don't wanna hear it," Namjoon replied aggressively.

"Namjoon," I said.

"I told you I don't wanna hear...," he started. This time I interrupted him.

"Namjoon we're not together!" I shouted at him. My anger just started boiling inside me. "It was a practice run for him asking out Ari! He wanted my help with it! It was never a real thing, just practice, so he's not cheating on anybody!"

"You're not together?" He asked a little more calmly.

"No! That's what we've been trying to tell you!" I basically screamed.

You could see the complete discomfort in Namjoon as everything he just did finally sunk in. "Oh my god," he said to himself.

"Jimin are you ok?" He asked.

"I'm fine," Jimin glared at him, clearly still not happy with how Namjoon acted.

"(Y/n), Jimin, I'm so sorry I... I don't know what came over me," he apologized.

I wasn't necessarily happy about the fact he just punched his "family" in the face without much fact of the truth. That he didn't listen to us. That he could be that way.

"Do you guys forgive me?" He asked.

"I don't know how I can when you just acted like that," I said before walking out the school doors.