Chapter 30: The Rush

Começar do início

I looked to Belle and she looked at me, laughing as we criss crossed our feet and shuffled when we were supposed to, I shook my head grinning as the song closed to an end, Belle and I were panting along with everyone else. Nick walked to us, throwing his arms around us and grinning. 

"It's been so long since we did that." I nodded with a grin, Belle chuckling lightly, leaning into her brother. "I miss ya, Nick." He turned to her and ruffled her hair. "I miss you too, little sis." She pouted lightly, "I only ever see you anymore and I'm sure it's because of, Layne." He only grinned and my cheeks tinged pink. "I need a drink, okay, bye!" I quickly walked away and towards the bar, slouching into the seat.

"Chardonnay, please." I asked once the bartender made his way to me and nodded before getting the glass of wine ready for me. He handed it to me and I grinned my thanks, the older man winked at me and my saucer sized eyes, quickly turned and my legs led me away. 

Henry's arm looped around my back and guided me through to the table we were sat at. "You really do draw all kinds of attention to you, huh?" I grinned and shook my head taking a sip of the red liquid. "You're one to talk, aren't ya?" He flashed me his pearly whites and wiggled his eyebrows and I only rolled my eyes. 

We sat at our assigned table and watched closely as Tyler leaned against the chair and sweet talked Ivy. Henry and I laughed loudly, once the chair tipped, causing Tyler's hand to fall limp and for him to almost tumble down with it. Ivy laughed lightly and helped steady him. He grinned smoothly and her cheeks tinged a tiny shade of pink. 

"Can I get you something to drink?" He asked and I nudged Henry's side. "Wait for this." Henry's eyebrows creased but he still watched their interaction. "Sure, but you do know I'm only Seventeen, right?" She questioned as he took a sip of his drink, the liquid splashed out of his mouth as he choked, the dark colored liquid splashing onto his light colored top. "Seventeen? As in still in High School, Seventeen?" His dumbfounded face only made her smile falter, making me believe she's actually for once upset with the response he gave her.

"Yeah, do you know any other kind?" He didn't reply, she only rolled her eyes and walked away, joining the seat next to mine as she slumped into it. Tyler walked away, probably to go yell at Jake or Belle, either or. "Something wrong, love?" I questioned her and she only shot me a disappointed look and shrugged. "Honestly, I don't know. That's normally the reaction I get from older guys when they hit on me, but for some reason I'm not as pleased. I actually kind of liked his personality." 

She glanced to the table and I threw my arm over her shoulder. "Tyler isn't even that much older than you. He's only 22." I stated as I looked to Henry for reassurance. "Right? Tyler is 22 still?" Henry nodded in confirmation and I looked back at her and grinned. "Not much of an age difference, he's just not used to attention from someone like you." 

Quickly noticing what I said I shook my head as her head snapped to me and her eyes blazed. "Someone like me?" She scoffed, "And what the fuck is that supposed to mean, Layne?" I shook my head, my hand grabbing hers. "No! That's not what I meant. What I mean is that, uhm, well. Tyler doesn't exactly hang around younger girls, not saying you're young what I mean is, Henry help." 

He nodded and cut into our conversation when he was spoken to. "What she means is that Tyler bangs older women. Like cougars, usually." Her mouth set open and I snapped my eyes to him. "Well, I could've explained it like that!" His eyes dropped as if I just told him he couldn't have ice cream for breakfast and I sighed. "Ivy, you are smart and beautiful and any guy would be lucky to have you, and I know, Tyler. He'll be back to following you around like a puppy soon, just you wait." She grinned at me and I smiled back. She excused herself and began walking to the bathroom.