Chapter 14: I love you, always

First things first! Thank you @marshymallow313 for the amazing cover above!!! It's amazing thank you so much!! xo

********************

Chapter 14: I love you, always

One week later and I was feeling more alive than I have been lately. I felt guilty for not telling Belle that Nick and I had been hanging out a lot lately, but yet there was nothing much to tell. We were hanging out. Friends hang out.

I was scrolling through Instagram waiting for Nick to meet me at my hotel. I was scrolling absentmindedly, passing many pictures and faces on the way. I let my finger trail up and keep sliding, until my finger froze and refused to move.

I hadn't spoken to Ace since he texted me. As I lay here though and see the picture of him and Tayla smile brightly at the camera, I couldn't help but to feel the need to vomit. Her arms were wrapped tightly around his neck and his hands pressed firmly behind her kneecaps, supporting all of her weight.

She beamed at the camera as her chin rested on his shoulder and he drunkenly grinned at the person taking the picture. If it weren't for the empty bottle of fireball next to the curb, I'd have no idea that they had been drinking. Not feeling good, I closed out the app and slipped my phone into my back pocket.

Just as I was sitting up, Nick walked into my room and grinned at me. "You ready to head out?" I nodded and grabbed my suitcase. Glancing at Nick I smiled. "Thanks for giving Charlie and I company." He fake bowed and grinned back. "It was my pleasure."

He grabbed my suitcase and guided me out of the room by the small of my waist. Doing one last sweep, I was sure I had gotten everything. Nick walked me down the hall and to the elevators. We were quiet with the only noises being the elevator and Charlie's light sniffing.

I could feel Nick glance at me and when I turned to look at him, he didn't bother turning away. The elevator dinged and the doors opened. "Are you going to stare at me all day or are you going to go hale me a taxi?" I raised my eyebrow and he grinned at me, I smiled lightly back, but he didn't see it, for he was already guiding me outside the elevators and to check out.

After checking out, he walked me outside and got a taxi for me. Opening the trunk, he put my stuff in there and met me by the door. I stood in front of it and smiled up at him. "I'll see you soon." I nodded and thanked him for keeping me company. "Lay, it was really my pleasure. I'd do it time and time again, as long as it was for you." I scoffed lightly, rolled my eyes and with a kiss on his cheek, I was climbing inside the taxi.

I gave the taxi driver instructions to head to the airport and then I pulled out my phone. I opened up my messages for my group chat and texted the group. "Next stop, California!!!!" I hit send and immediately got hit with a bunch of emojis that made no sense at all from Tyler. I smiled as I read the texts, not knowing how to respond.

My phone vibrated signaling, I got a text from outside of the group chat and when his contact showed up at the top, I immediately opened it, not caring that my read receipts are on.

Ace- "Laney?"

Me- "What's up?"

Ace- "You never answered my text..."

Me- "Sorry, I thought you meant to send that to Tay. I can see how one could confuse Tay and Lay."

After that message was sent, I didn't hear back from Ace and I have no idea how I felt about it. I was sad because I loved Ace, a blind person could see how much I loved Ace, I just don't know if I was still in love with him. I feel like a part of me will always belong to Ace, but another part of me has moved on.