Chapter 13: I Always Did Wonder About You

Chapter 13: I always did wonder about you

The week passed and it was time for me to head out to New York to see how the stores handling since it opened not too long ago. I was finishing up what I had to at the office and was getting everything in line for when I would leave. I'd be staying in New York for a week then I'd go right from the JFK Airport to LAX. I packed my stuff up for the day, grabbed what I needed and got ready to go to my house and finish packing.

I bid everyone a goodbye and they all congratulated me and wished me luck. "Sarah, Jamie. I'm hoping to see the both of you in New York." I winked at them and they nodded and smiled at me. I smiled back and headed down to my car. I placed my work on my passenger side seat and took off towards my house.

Walking in I dropped my keys in the bowl and greeted Charlie. "Hi, baby. You gotta go potty?" He circled around my ankles and took off towards the backyard. I opened the back door and Charlie raced outside and puppy ripped for a bit. Once he was done, we went upstairs to finish packing. I sighed as I folded my last dress into my suitcase and stood up. I placed my heels back on my feet and got Charlie ready. "Let's go boy." I called out to him and he sat patiently for me to put his leash and harness on. Once he was ready I took him and my suitcase out to my car. Charlie hopped into the passenger side seat and waited for me to get in.

We got situated and I took off down the road towards the one place I always wanted to be. Pulling into her driveway, I climbed out and grabbed Charlie. There was a fellow Acura parked in the car and once I walked in the house I called out to the kitchen. "Who hopped on the Acura wagon?" I called through the house and I heard a couple of chuckles. Charlie took off running and my heels tapped against the hardwood. Upon entering the room my eyes immediately connected with a familiar pair of eyes. "Hi, honey." My attention left Ace's eyes and I looked over at Lylia. "Mama." I greeted with a smile and she pulled me into a hug.

Tim walked over towards me and nudged me lightly I turned to him and smiled as I hugged him. "You excited?" He questioned and I nodded. "Yeah, but I'm going to miss you guys and everyone else." I looked up at Ace and his eyes danced over my face taking me in. I haven't seen Ace since he left my bedroom. His hair got longer in the week I hadn't seen him. Tim nodded in understanding and I took a seat at the bar, across from Ace. "We're going to miss you, sweetie." Lylia cooed and I gave her a small smile. "It shouldn't be any longer than two weeks. I can stay longer if I'd like, but I'd rather be at home." She nodded in understanding and that was that.

"Anyways, the fellow Acura owner is Ace." I grinned and nodded my head. "When'd you get it?" I directed my question towards Ace and he shrugged. "I've had it for a bit now, I just got it out of the shop though." I nodded and smiled. "You just wanted to get the same car as me." I winked and he rolled his eyes. "Nah my wrx kept blowing up." I rolled my eyes, "maybe if you wouldn't beat on your cars." I trailed off as I jumped up and got a glass of water. He shrugged but didn't say anything else. I grinned as I sipped on my water.

"I gotta go say bye to Belle and I'm sad." Ace nodded in understanding. "It's only two weeks right?" He questioned and I nodded. "Exactly so you'll be back before you know it." I shrugged and played with my glass. "I guess." I sighed. "What's really wrong?" He pushed and I shrugged. "I just feel like a shitty best friend. Belle's pregnant and I can't even be here for her." Ace smiled at me and patted my hand. "I think Jake's got her pretty covered." I nodded, "you're right." I stood and fixed my dress, smoothing it down. "Take care of her if Jake doesn't. Also, let me know if she needs me. I'm only a plane ride away." He nodded and saluted me and I smiled whilst rolling my eyes. "Are you coming then too?" I questioned as I was getting Charlie ready. "Nah, I'll meet everyone at the airport, I wanna spend more time with mom and Tim." I nodded in understanding and Ace stood in front of me.