Chapter 2: Yeah, Surprise.

"You know, Layne, I really did miss ya." Jake bumped my shoulders and I rolled my eyes as I grinned at him and looked at my friends. "I missed you guys, too." He rolled his eyes, but a smile played on his lips nonetheless and Belle walked over and looped an arm through his.

He smiled down at her, love shining bright in his eyes as she smiled brightly up at him. He leaned in for a kiss and before his lips could meet hers, I looked away quickly and walked faster to my car.

I was hitting the unlock button like fifty times and just about ran to it.

Quickly helping Charlie into the car, and that means, picking up his puppy feet as he stepped into them like a cheerleader and boosted him up into my black Escalade. Yeah, that's right, I got a job. No, I didn't become a stripper either, just a lot of saved money is all.

I got into the drivers seat, put the key in and my baby purred to life. I rolled my windows for, Charlie and to yell out at my friends.

"Guys, just follow me. I can drop him off quick and we can go!" They whooped and I just chuckled before taking off, hoping they ready and are following me.

Soon after, maybe, five minutes, I pulled up to her new house, granted is was smaller than the one before, but just big enough for her and her newly wed.

She had actually kept her old house too, claiming, "There are too many memories to leave behind in this little sucker." And to which I laughed, albeit a little nervously, I laughed nevertheless.

Pulling into the driveway, I turned my car off after I put my car in park. I got out and Charlie climbed over the console and out my door, not waiting for me to come over and let him out.

Sighing I walk up to the door and knock, holding, Charlie's leash tightly. After a few seconds the door flies open and she looks shocked to see me but then soon grins.

"Layne." She states and I grin sheepishly. "What brings you here?" She adds and Charlie barks up at her as he wags his tail, patiently waiting for her to put him. She gives me the look and I grin more.

"Can you please watch, Charlie as I go out?" I pout and she nods. "For how long?" She asks and I shrug, "I should be able to bring him back to the apartment in about two days, that gives me enough time to persuade my land lord that I most certainly have no pets, whatsoever living in the apartment."

She gives me her mother look and I shake my head pointing my finger at her, "Don't you dare give me that look, I just saw him and I had to, okay?!" I question and she laughs, "Of course, honey. But, you have to visit more, we miss you." I smile feeling sad about never coming around to see her more.

"Course, mama, you know I love you and just really busy, as well as the both of you." She nods and pulls me into a hug. "I love you, baby." I nod and pull back, kissing her on the cheek.

"I should get going." I state as I start to walk backwards and say bye to Charlie, who is already running around playing with his toys on the floor. I shake my head and we bid bye again.

"Bye, Layne."

"Bye, Lylia!" I wave behind me as I signal for my friends to head out as I pile into my car and let the low rap music reach my ears. 'Lil Bit' by K Camp plays and I turn it up full volume. I guess you can say 'Aye get fucked up' is about to be my motto for the night.

*************************************

UNKNOWN P.O.V (;

Stepping off the plane, the cool breeze hit my face like a title wave and I hooded my face deeper into my hoodie and stepped into the taxi waiting for me.

Once I got in, I was completely and utterly jet lagged, so I hurriedly gave the taxi the address, as I prepared for the, at least fifty minute car ride, I slumped into my seat and closed my eyes, resting my over grown hair on the cool window.

I awoke, just as the taxi pulled into the driveway and I checked the time. 11:25 was lit up in white at the top of my phone, locking it again and slipping it into my sweats pocket, I paid the taxi driver, grabbed my bags out of the trunk and just about ran inside the house from the cool almost autumn air.

I dusted off my shirt, as if it were dirty and soon was attacked by something fluffy around my legs, eyebrows drawn together I looked down to find a dog, staring up at me, tongue hanging out.

He barked, once, twice, and licked me after.

I pat his head and called out to the empty house. "Mom?" Her voice was distant and I didn't make out what she said. I walked to where it came from and found her sitting in the kitchen, reading a book, sipping coffee.

"When the hell did you get a dog?" She was startled but soon her eyes welled up when she looked up at me. "Ah, my baby." She placed her cup down and walked up to me pulling me in a hug. It's been a long time since I've seen my mother.

"I'm just the dog sitter." She smiled and I smiled too. I nodded in acknowledgment at Tim and we all caught up a little and she knew my answers weren't excited ones, for I was tired and just wanted to sleep in a bed and then tomorrow, I would go to my new apartment and live my life.

My mother waved me off to bed and I ran out of the kitchen shouting a 'goodnight' and up the stairs ready to sleep. I ran into the room she told me and threw myself on the bed, face first.

After awhile I rolled over, sighed and stared at the ceiling.

I had a big day tomorrow. I would be moving into my new apartment with the help of my best friend who I haven't seen in like two years. God did I miss him, everyone, actually. I sound like such a bitch.

But one specific person always nagged at the back of my head, and I never felt girly thinking about her bright smile or captivating laugh. I always pushed away the thoughts of her. The hurt and broken expression on her face was always too much for me to handle. So ignoring it again, I've already decided.

This time, no, this time will be different. There is no way in hell, would I ever let Layne Weston, my Laney, to disappear from my life ever again.