Chapter 27: Unknown Woman

Chapter 27:Unknown Woman

"Chicago?" I questioned as we exited the plane, with a smile playing on my lips. His face tilted downward so I was looking into those beautiful green and blue eyes that I love so much, as he grinned at me. "Well, it was the only place I could think of that we both have never been before. A place that only we would know about- together." I grinned at him as his hand found mine.

"I like it. A weekend of city and life, with my favorite guy." I grinned as he chuckled at me and led me to the waiting car, someone trailing behind us with our suitcases. The back door opened for us as we slid in and situated on the warm leather from the afternoon sun. 

"Where to, Mister Richardson?" The driver met Ace's gaze in the rearview and Ace instructed the name of the hotel. The driver nodded and soon we were headed down the road. I slipped further into the seat and stretched my tight legs out, letting the feel of my ached muscles stretch. 

Ace's arm brought my attention back to him as his hand lovingly traveled up and down my leg in a soothing pattern. His attention was on his phone as he read through his emails and I pushed my body up to reach his height, even though we were sitting down. I planted a soft kiss on his cheek, causing his dimples to shine through. "Don't stress it, baby. We're on a getaway." He grinned at me as he pecked my lips. "A romantic getaway." He reminded and I grinned with a small laugh. "Right." I agreed and he only grinned more, kissing me one more time, causing butterflies to flap around.

The ride was short and soon we were being ushered out of the car and into the hotel. The lights came fast and soon did the yelling and calling, I kept my head down to keep from being blinded as Ace quickly ushered me in. Once we were in, the security did their job to keep the reporters out. "I'm so sorry." I looked up at him and laughed lightly, wrapping my arms tightly around his torso. "For what, exactly?" He shook his head with a shrug as his arms wrapped tightly around my shoulders, sufficiently trapping me into a homely embrace. 

This is what home is. Right here, in Ace's arms, always. He is my home. I rested my chin on his stomach as I peered up at him and smiled. He grinned down at me, moving my hair away. I love you. 

So close to saying it again, however when we were interrupted again, I couldn't help but roll my eyes as his attention was brought to the reception to get checked in and handed a room key. I watched as he grinned easily and nicely to the kind man. I smiled lightly as he turned around and grabbed my hand, leading me away. 

We rode the elevator for probably what felt like forever as it finally dinged and opened into a penthouse. I stepped out in awe and took in my surroundings. "Oh my goodness." I walked over to the window, taking in the breathtaking scenery of it all, completely in awe. I barely heard Ace chuckling behind me. 

Ace was beside me as I whispered, "This view is so beautiful." I grinned as I watched the city life below us, look so completely and utterly small. Ants. They look like ants from this high up. "Yeah." I glanced up to see him smiling lightly at me and not at the view that I was enjoying. 

My cheeks flushed and I tucked my hair behind my ear as I smiled and giggled lightly. Ace was grinning at me and I couldn't calm the redness of my cheeks. Unflattering. Stop embarrassing yourself, damnit!

"You're so beautiful, Laney." I groaned as I covered my face. "Stop making me blush!" I scolded behind my hands and he only chuckled, grabbing my wrists and pulling them from my face. "I will never stop, Laney. You are the most beautiful person in this world; it would be a damn shame if you didn't know it. Like hell I would give another man the opportunity to make you feel important. That is my place. You are my girl, soon to be wife and one day mother of our beautiful children." His eyes burned into mine, radiating only truth. My hands were clammy and my stomach made me feel as if I was going to throw up.