Chapter 30: The Rush

The reception was fun, watching Belle and Jake be married and full of love is always a good time; considering none of us thought they would be where they are today. At least I did not. I knew Belle, and she was not the type to settle for anyone. I'm glad she did though, I'm glad she's finally happy. 

"Dance with me?" My thoughts were interrupted by a hand that waited patiently for mine, glancing up I grinned and nodded, being pulled up and walked to the dance floor. Henry cradled my hand in one of his large ones, and my head rested comfortably under his chin, as we swayed to the song Perfect by Ed Sheeran. 

"Did I get to tell you how beautiful you looked today?" I smiled, head still against his chest to hear his heartbeat increase a bit. "You always tell me." He chuckled lightly, the vibrations rushed through my body, making me tingle all over, "I'll never stop telling you." I laughed lightly, "Yeah, yeah we went over this already." He didn't say anything in return, except the fact that he pulled me even closer yet.

My stomach fluttered uneasily and I smiled lightly into his shoulder. "I love you." His heartbeat picked up again and I could feel him grin, as he pressed a kiss to the top of my head, "I love you, Laney." I smiled and we were silent for a bit, the song was closely coming to an end before Henry spoke again. 

"Marry me, Laney." The whisper was barely audible for me to hear, but the goosebumps that coated my body and the accelerated heartbeat, was the only things to remind me that I had heard him say that and he did say that. His hand brushed the back of my hair, smoothing it down. 

"I know what I want in this life, and I know I want it to be you. I don't want to just be boyfriend and girlfriend anymore, I want to introduce you as my Fiancée and then eventually my wife." 

I pulled back gently and what I was afraid of, shined so evidently on his face. He meant every word he said, he was absolutely serious. "I'm your girlfriend?" I grinned as he pulled back to look at me a little bit more, he chuckled. "Well, yeah. What did you think we were? Just friends?" My face turned red in embarrassment as I looked down toward the ground. 

"I didn't want to just assume that, that's what you wanted." His fingers tilted my chin up to make me look back up at him. "I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear enough. I should've made it more clear. But I meant everything I said within the last three months. I love you, Laney. I never want to be apart from you again and I want us to have a life together. I want to be with you from now and until were old watching our great grandkids run around." His hand cupped my cheek and I tilted into it, my hand resting on his, I closed my eyes.

"I'm not saying no, Henry, I want you to know that." His frown deepened all of his features. "But?" He questioned me and my eyes met his saddened ones, "But we need to talk first. It doesn't have to be tonight, but my China trip extension was moved up, remember, I leave tomorrow night." He nodded and kissed my forehead.

"I remember." I nodded and rested my forehead on his chest and his arms circled around me pulling me close to his body. "May I have this dance?" A new voice interjected and I grinned as we detached from one another. Belle grabbed my hand and pulled me with her as the fast pace music began. 

We laughed loudly as we danced the routine to the song that we learned when we were 14 in her room one night. "Nick! Get in this!" I shouted as he watched the scene unfold with a gigantic smile spread across his lips. "What? No! I don't even remember!" I rolled my eyes as his part was to come in soon. "Yes, you do! Get in this!" "Oh, alright!" He smiled lightly as he shook off his suit jacked and jumped in, behind Belle and I. 

We were positioned in front of him and he was behind us, we all shuffled to the song, Belle holding her dress tightly as the music to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO blasted throughout the speakers. It wasn't hard to join in and soon everyone was shuffling to the song.