Chapter 12: Moving Day

It was now the morning of the day I get to move into my house. I pretty much dodged Connor for the rest of the night and I was some how planning on dodging him today. I don't want to play with his feelings but I just don't see us working out really. He's a good guy, I'm just not good enough of a girl for him.

Clearing my head, I pulled up my Nike leggings, followed by a grey t-shirt and slipped into my gray Nike's. I pulled on a black Nike hat as well over my frizzy hair and paired that w a pair of sunglasses to hide my tired eyes. I brushed my teeth for the very last time in this apartment and packed up the rest of my things.

My door opened and Belle walked in, thrusting a smoothie into my hands and I smiled gratefully at her. She nodded in acknowledgment and Jake walked in behind her. His face held a small smile for no reason at all and he stepped behind her and held her tiny waist delicately as his hand lightly trailed forward over her stomach. I smiled lightly and so did Belle. She traced small circles over his arm as he made tiny circle motions on her tummy. I turned from the intimate moment that they deserved to share by themselves.

To anyone who didn't know that Belle was carrying a child the motion would have been ignored and not thought about but since I knew, I knew that Belle had told Jake last night and from how he's acting in this particular moment, he's happy that he's about to be a father. My heart swelled with joy and once I distracted myself long enough I re-entered my room from the bathroom.

"So, we ready to do this." I clapped my hands together and they nodded enthusiastically and I grinned. "Greet, lets get to work then." We started to haul the boxes downstairs and out to my Jake's truck and the small stuff easily went into my backseat or front seat. Belle has even brought her own car too to help shove small boxes into her seats as well. I guess the plan is pretty much to get everything packed into the cars in one move, since my new house is about a forty five minute drive but a ten minute drive from Belle.

Connor and Tyler finally showed up and so did Tayla. She grinned at me as she stood out of her car, "I'm here to help." She beamed at me and came over towards me. I pulled her into a hug and she hugged me back. "Good, stack what you can I guess." I laughed lightly and she mock saluted me. I shook my head lightly and grinned at her. As she walked towards the house, her blonde hair bounced lightly.

Ignoring Connor the best I can, I hid in my bathroom as the guys grabbed the heavier stuff and I sat on the closed toilet lid, playing with my phone. I tapped on his name and went back out of the messages a ton of times. We've never had our own conversation so I had to click on the group chat. Sighing, I started a new message. I typed and untyped a bunch of times. Sighing, I finally gave and pressed the call button. Putting the phone to my ear, I quickly hung up the phone. Shaking my head, I tried again. After the second ring, I hung up again.

I gave myself a face palm and shook my head giving myself a pep talk. "You got this, Lay." I whispered to myself and again, I pressed the phone button again and it started to ring. After the fourth ring he finally answered and my anticipation only grew. "And to what do I owe all of the calls for, Laney?" He teased and I couldn't help but to chuckle lightly. "I was surprised to see you weren't here yet, I was calling to see if you'd still help. I could really use it." I could hear his grin when he spoke.

"Well, if you weren't too busy calling and hanging up the phone on me, you'd know that I'm standing outside of your bathroom door currently." He chuckled and my stomach dropped as my face tinged red. "Oh." I mumbled and I could hear the smirk he probably planted on his face right now. Standing up hesitantly I stood in front of the door, my hand hovering over the door knob.

"Laney." He quietly spoke into the phone and I just wanted to hear him talk more. I missed his voice and the way he breathed my name. "I see your shadow, open the door, Laney." My hand stayed frozen of the door knob, too scared to pull it open. I sighed and the door knob twisted from the outside, causing me to step back and wait for the door to open. He pushed the door open and it felt like it took forever to open. Once I could see him, his blue and green eyes danced across my face. I just wanted to stare at him. Ace has and always will intoxicate me.