Twenty-Three

Beginne am Anfang

"What should we do first?" he asked, surveying the room, I looked with him. The vibrant neon lights from all of the games shining out from the black walls.

I tapped him on his shoulder to get his attention, causing him to look towards me.

~How about some Mario Kart?~ I signed, pointing toward the two open racing chairs across the room. He smirked,

"Alright, you're on." He said, walking over to the games. I followed, sitting in the one next to him. We inserted our cards and the credits required were taken off.

"I bet I can win more points than you" Sebastian declared, giving me a challenging smile.

~okay, we'll see~ I chuckled.

I avoided the camera when it took a picture for my icon and then chose Yoshi. Sabastian chose Bowser.  We played on Rainbow road and I tried my hardest not to fall off the edge, side glaring Sebastian when he hit me with items.

At the time being, I was in fourth place and he was in second, the rest of the spaces were CPU and we were close to the end of the track. I passed into third and picked up a red shell power up. I waited for the right moment and threw it, hearing him say "Talon!" in a surprised way. I passed him and then I managed to pass the computer in the first place and then the finish line.

I fling my hands up in glory, celebrating my win.

"You got lucky..." He said lowly, he sounded mad but he was trying to hide his smile, it was small but I could tell. I laughed and we switched games, starting the two-hour contest to see who could win more points.

Sebastian tried his hand at one of the casino slot style point spin wheels, hoping he could win some of the big bucks. On his first spin, he won seventy-five points.

We went around the large arcade room, trying the different games and seeing who could do the best at them. Eventually, we walked into what was called the Winners Circle, we had racked up three-thousand, nine hundred and eighty-three points in the hour and fifty minutes we had spent here playing games. Sebastian had won about fifty-five percent of them, my point count wasn't far behind his. We decided to combine our points and buy two pop figurines. I got Soul from Soul Eater and he got Bob from Bobs Burgers. We spent the rest of our points on candy.

We left the large building and walked through the parking lot, getting back in my tiny car. He started the engine while I put out stuff in the backseat, the stuff we had used our points to win along with a few stuffed animals we had won each other from claw machines.

I heard the radio turn onto some pop song when the engine started up. I closed the back door and got into the passenger seat.

"I told you I'd beat you," Sebastian said smugly, pulling his lips into a playful smirk.

~Well you gut lucky with those slot machines that give you points you didn't have to work for!~

"I had to pull the lever" he said giving me a pointed look. I laughed, watching him pull the gearshift out of park.

~so where are we off to next?~ I signed.

"We're going to get something to eat now, I won't tell you where though..."

~You actually told me what we were going to do? I can't believe it!~ I signed pulling a fake surprised face.

He laughed and pulled out of the driveway, going down the long road and turning into a shopping center with a mall and a bunch of restaurants next to it. He parked in front of an Olive Garden.

We unbuckled our seatbelts and walked up to the door, the faint sound of what I recognized to be Frank Sinatra's smooth voice playing quietly through the speakers. When we entered there was a little bit of a line but we apparently had a reservation.