Ch.18 - Let Me Hold Your Hand Again, i need a reminder you are here once more

Start from the beginning

The divide between the pair of you back, this time both emotional and physical. You were now so unsure of what to do, having lost that desire to run into his arms and tell him all was okay now. And despite how your anger and hurt was still melting away slowly, lingering thoughts and feelings still present no matter how much you wanted them to go away.

"Are you... back?" Bakugou asked, touching the flour covered island and tracing a line with his finger.

"If you want me to be..." You told him, not wanting to come back into his life if he wasn't ready for you to yet.

Bakugou's head turned upwards, looking toward you with wide eyes. Did you think he didn't want you here? Seriously? He'd missed you like crazy since you were gone... and even resorted to trying to make these complicated sweets you did with such ease! How could he-? Why would he-?

He just... wanted you to stay.

And the thing that bothered him the most at this moment wasn't how he sucked at making pastries, or that you seemed to suck on the thought that he still needed space from you... but rather this stupid island keeping you from him.

Thus with gritted teeth and his chest-thumping suddenly, he moved forward and came towards you. His strong and familiar arms wrapping you up nicely once more and making it so you could bury your face in his chest. He smelled of caramel like always, a strange scent to always have lingered on the male. But one that truly told you that you were home.

There was still much talking to be done and things to fix and apologize for. But right now... you just wanted to feel him and smell him, and hear him, and see him. You just... wanted him back in your life.

Slowly you felt damp wetness start to seep from your eyes, and the feeling of the liquid making you inhale sharply and throw your own arms around him and hold him so close to you. He squeezed you back as well, making sure to get all the emotions caused by this separation out as he hugged you tightly.

After several minutes of just standing in silence and simply feeling the presence of one another once more, you and he separated. Your eyes widening slightly as you looked at him and saw there were similar trails of tears running down his cheeks from his eyes as well. Your thumb raising and wiping away at it softly, the male watching as you did so and then wiping at the other trail with his own thumb.

"Fuck... I don't know why I'm crying..." He admitted, looking down at you and wiping his other thumb against one of your own trails if tears. "But... looks like you are too, dough girl."

Your lips turned into a small frown, and you looked downward. You had to tell him, and seeing as it might be because of your influence that this rather tender moment was happening... you wanted to tell him. After all, if you were manipulating his emotions to forgive you... then that's not what you wanted nor how you wanted this fight to finally end.

"Katsuki... you're crying cause of me." You admitted with a slightly guilty tone.

"Huh?" Bakugou blinked. "Well no shit, dough girl!"

"No no!" You shook your head and looked at him, capturing your pools of (eye color) with his carmine ones. "Katsuki... my ability... its emotion manipulation."

He blinked, another tear escaping his eyes as he looked at you. Slowly he nodded and then flashed a soft but still powerful smirk on his lips. He pulled you into another hug, this one much tighter and nearly taking the breath out of your lungs.

"See... knew you were not defective." He laughed dryly. "Now you just have to learn how to control your shitty ability."

You inhaled when you were able too. "You're not mad... I mean... who knows how long I've been doing this and how many times I've manipulated you or someone else to feel a certain way-"