Chapter 16

After I had stopped crying, Smokescreen went to tell Optimus about the amulet. I was on my bed, staring at the ceiling, just thinking about Alpha Trion. I had finally been able to talk to him, only to remove the one connection I had with him.

The amulet was still on my desk, and wasn't doing anything, no glowing, no noise; just nothing. I heard footsteps again and saw Optimus and Smokescreen walk into my room.

"Lora, can you please tell me everything," Optimus asked me. Taking in a deep breath, I told the Prime everything. By time I was done, my eyes were burning with tears once more. I took another deep breath to calm myself down and forced the tears away. As I did this, Optimus walked over to the amulet and looked at it. He picked it up in his hand and turned to me.

"We will lock this up until Alpha Trion contacts you," He said softly.

"Thank you," I muttered quietly. Optimus nodded his head before walking out. Instead of following, Smokescreen came over to me and sat down on my bed beside me.

"I know this is hard, but just remember, he isn't dead, just not within your reach. He isn't gone."

••••••••••
A few days later
I walked into my first period math class with Sophia right behind me. It had been hard these last few days without the amulet. I had gotten use to the familiar weight of it around my neck. Although, Ratchet had taken the tracker off of the amulet and placed it on another necklace, the weight and size wasn't anything like that of the amulet's, making me miss it even more.

The only things that I enjoyed about not wearing the amulet was the absence of Unicron's constant chatter. I didn't have rough sleeps anymore, and I could fully concentrate in my classes. It was the only nice thing, but even with that, I felt like I was missing a part of myself.

As I sat down, the bell rang and class started promptly.

"Hey," Sophia gently nudged me as the teacher did attendance. "You okay?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"You've been quiet these last few days." After I removed the amulet, I had been keeping to myself often, trying to think of ways to get Unicron out of the amulet and get Alpha Trion back.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I assured her, not looking at her but rather at the board in front of the class.

"Oh, okay." She left the topic alone after that. We worked silently, taking notes and working on our daily worksheet. I didn't want Sophia to think I was mad at her, but I didn't know what to say.

"So, um, I don't know if it's too soon, but do you want to hang out at my house this weekend?" I looked at Sophia as she spoke. "My parents are going out of town for the weekend and I was wondering if you wanted to come over Friday after school or something."

"I don't think it's to soon," I assured her. "I'll ask."

"Thanks." Sophia's face lit up and I could tell that she was happy that I had agreed to ask. Deep down, I was too.

••••••••••

After school that day, I talked to Smokescreen about what Sophia had told me, and he was fine with it. Friday after school, I met Sophia in front of the main entrance of our school.

"Ready to go?" She asked me.

"Yep." I waved goodbye to Jack, Raf and Miko before following Sophia towards her house. It was odd, not seeing Smokescreen in the parking lot, waiting for me like he did every day, but it was nice to step out of the world that no one could know about and into a normal life.