"Would you breathe, people are looking dumbass," I lightly slap his chest trying to get him to stop, "I don't know why they even go to church, mom is screwing her personal trainer and dad is screwing his intern."

"I know, I know, but family image and American dream bullshit."

"How does Anthony do it?" I ask, looking at Marcus.

Neither of us has ever had a close relationship with Anthony, not even when we were young.

From a young age, he did everything he could to please our parents which led to their hearts belonging to only him.

Some days I used to think that they had me because they wanted a girl my mother could play dolls with and use to marry off to gain power eventually.

"He's just as fucked as them." Marcus looks past me towards the stage and gives me a slight nudge, "have you met any of the members of Falling In Reverse?"

I look at the stage to see the members of the band taking their places as they wait for Ronnie to come out.

"Yes I have, they're a lot of fun to hang out with. Ronnie is how you expect him to be."

"You have to let me meet them!"

"No, you weirdo." Marcus gives me an annoyed look before pulling his phone out.

"Where's your boy toy named Troy?" Marcus questions as the band starts to set up.

"He's not my boy toy, he's my husband unfortunately and secondly, how the fuck should I know? He disappears all the time."

"And my name isn't Troy." Both Marcus and I turn to look and see Erik and the rest of the guys have joined us.

"Warden let you out?" I ask causing them to laugh except for Kyle.

He looks like shit. The bags under his eyes are noticeably large and he hasn't even put on a shirt and is just wearing the jeans he slept in the night before.

"We kinda just left and Devon dragged his ass along," Lucas comments with a shrug.

"Not surprising."

Erik grabs me by my hips and pulls me towards him so that my back is against his chest.

"What are you doing?" I question, craning my neck so I can look up at him.

"Keeping you close, I felt like I've barely seen you since you got back."

Before I can say anything Falling In Reverse begins and like my brother I lose myself in the music.

I smile as I see my brother rocking out and flirting with Lucas.

They truly do make a great couple, but I'm not sure if they are at that stage yet.

Tomorrow morning Marcus will be boarding a plane and returning to Dublin for his internship.

His stuff is packed and ready to leave for the Airbnb he booked for the night after today is over.

Eventually, Kyle starts to sing along with the lyrics and it seems to help ease some of his anger, but his singer soon turns into yelling as one practically perfect song comes on, Fuck You And All Your Friends.

A few people look around at us with odd expressions but I just wave them off.

"I hope he realizes that you guys are Scarlett's friends," I yell out to Erik who just laughs.

"At least he's burning some of it off."

"Gonna need to get him laid." Devon hollers out as he starts to scan the crowd.

"Why did you never give me that advice?" Marcus questions during a break in between songs.

"Because I don't think that's the appropriate solution to get over someone."

"Hey, you did it," Erik comments as he securely wraps his arms around my waist and kisses me behind my ear.

"You told me to do it!" Our little group laughs, even Kyle.

"So did you, Erik." Lucas points out, causing Marcus's eyebrows to raise.

"Don't be starting shit," Erik warns Lucas, and by the way he is squeezing and rubbing my hip I know he's trying to reassure me.

"Erik, I don't care, she's in your past and that's fine."

"How do you trust so easily?" Kyle asks, looking at me with a puzzled expression on his face.

"She doesn't." Marcus chimes in, "she's just found that person who she's okay with surrendering everything to."

"I thought I had that but it turned out to be a disaster." None of us ask who he's talking about but try to focus on the music rather than the problem at hand and the ones developing.

~*~

"What was your favourite part?" I ask Marcus as we sit in the lawn chairs eating pizza, enjoying the last bit of daylight before we will be hitting the road and he will be leaving the country once again.

"I think watching Remington Leith on the air mattress. That was pretty good, but overall being here with you and actually seeing you happy for once in our lifetime. It's been so long since I've seen you smile."

"I've smiled."

"Not like this before."

"I just feel better about myself and actually look forward to each day."

"You truly do look better, you look healthier and just not in your appearance but mentally too. It's been so long since I've seen your natural hair colour, it's crazy not to see you in the platinum blonde." Marcus grabs a strand and twirls it around his finger.

"I'm trying."

"I know and I can see the difference, the tattoo was a good idea." I look at the ink along my collarbone, the same words that I was told so many times and finally decided to start living by.

"When are you going to come back home?" I ask. I have been wanting to ask for so long but never knew when to do it.

Marcus takes a deep breath and looks over at me, "I applied for my French citizenship. I have one more year and then I am done, I want to stay in Europe with the culture and where people don't know me as the other Lexington son."

"Have you talked to Lucas about this? I know you guys seemed to hit off and I know it was you in the bus with the sock tied around the door the other day."

"No, we really haven't talked about it and I don't know if anything else is going to happen."

"Why not?" I question, I really thought they would try and make it work.

"Because I am still in school and Fallen Angels are getting more and more popular every day, I don't know if I could handle all that. Like I like him a lot and he's probably the first person I could see myself having a future with but our dreams are so different."

"Maybe, maybe not. You'll never know if you don't take the risk. You think I wasn't worried about dating a guy let alone marrying a guy in a band, but when I was with Erik it didn't matter. To me he wasn't the lead singer of Fallen Angels, he was the guy who made me fall in love with myself again. You need to take chances as you told me to do with Erik."

"I'll think about it."

"That's all I can ask."

Edited by GirlReader133