Their First Meeting

Albert's POV

Forty five minutes... And counting..

That is how long I have been stuck in this awful traffic. EDSA has always been this way since I can remember and nothing has changed for the last five years I was out of the country.

Agot, my friend since high school had contacted me last month to attend her wedding, three days from now. I am invited to be one of the groom's men. And because Agot's fiance is also one of my closest friends, Jerry, I am indeed required to attend this wedding.

Magtatampo kasi ng sobra ang dalawang yun kapag hindi ako pumunta. Siguro it is about time na umuwi na rin ako. Five years is a long time for someone who is soul searching.

I let out a sigh of relief as the traffic become light.

And we traveled for another one hour to reach the town of Morguena.

"Pakidiretso na lang po ako sa lumang bahay namin sa Morguena." I instructed my driver. It's a long way, it will take at least two hours from here but I do not mind.

I needed space and rest before I meet my family. For sure, I will be bombarded with lots of questions and I am not yet ready to face them.

When we reached the large archway of my beloved hometown, I suddenly felt nostalgic and I needed to roll down the windows to catch fresh air.

Thirty more minutes.

I can now clearly see the entrance of Kalye Patay.

My lips involuntarily curved into a small smile. Finally, I'm back to my old hometown. 

"Sir, andito na po tayo." the driver informed me when we reached the front of our old house. I peeked through the car window, the house looks gloomy from here, with no lights, no sign of life.

I got out from the car and told the driver to park the car at Aga's car porch since our house has no garage. It's an old Spanish house which has been renovated but the architect managed to maintain the original style of the house. By the way, this house was built on the late 1800s.

I was about to open the gate when suddenly a woman came out of nowhere and be the first to open the gate. She was talking to someone on the phone.

Hindi man lang ako napansin. Maybe because it's a bit dark? But then, may kausap nga sa cellphone kaya hindi man lang napansin ang paligid niya.

"Oo, andito na ako. Hopefully, hindi pa siya dumarating. Bakit kasi hindi mo agad sinabi sa akin na didiretso pala dito sa bahay niya ang pinsan mo?" the woman said.

Hindi ko maiwasang tumitig nang masulyapan ko ang mukha niya. At napapasunod na lang ang tingin ko sa bawat galaw niya.

I've met lots of beautiful women, may it be Asian or Caucasian but no one has made my heart pounds in a way that it has never done before. Until this one.

I am not a fan of love at first sight nor believes in fate or destiny. What I believe is hard work, patience and perseverance, if you want a person to stay in your life then do exert extra effort and be steadfast.

Ganun na lamang ang pagkagulat ko ng makita ko ang babae na nakaharap sa pinto ng bahay ko at binubuksan ito. Pagkabukas ay dali daling pumasok at isinara ang pinto. Nagdalawang isip ako kung tutuloy pa ba akong papasok o aantayin ko na lamang siyang lumabas.

This is trespassing...if not robbery.

Nagpasya akong mag-antay sa labas.

Pagkalipas ng mahigit limang minuto ay muling bumukas ang pinto at lumabas siya bitbit ang isang travelling bag.