Chapter 37

Bloom POV

"You mean you have a plan, Miele?" I ask.

We had instructed the pixies and pets to wait a little further along so we could talk to Miele privately.

She nods eagerly, "the idea of extracting their magic seems to be good, as long as they have no way of getting it back but we can get to that later. I suggest we find a way to trap them and extract their magic again so they can't harm anyone."

"Well, the last time we did that we had to visit this fairy and prove our worth," Stella pouts, "but we don't have time for a trip like that again!"

Aisha nods, "and I don't think you can just keep going back again and again for more wishes. So that isn't an option, although I'd like to go back to Solaria."

"And we definitely can't send them back to Omega," I add, "that place is basically destroyed."

"I've read up about certain spells," the younger fairy tells us, "I didn't have much time to research it but I know if I show Miss Faragonda she can help. If we can trap the wizards by pretending to surrender we can do it."

"That sounds a little too easy," Musa frowns.

"Don't worry, I'm sure it'll work," Miele insists, "of course, if the teachers have a better plan then that's great, but at this point it's all we have to go by."

"I've got it!" Tecna snaps her fingers, causing a few of us to jump.

"What is it, Tecna?"

"Okay, stick with me here," she holds her hands out as if telling us "wait" before pulling out her laptop, obviously, "Ogron, as we all know, turns our spells into his strength. They broke out of Omega, and all signs point to them absorbing the magic that was supposed to keep them in there, right? Magic from fairies, not dark magic, who obviously didn't know the wizards could absorb magic that easily. Flora seems to be the opposite."

She continues, "but Flora can't just absorb fairy magic, so even if Ogron could absorb dark magic too, he wouldn't be able to now because he is channelling Flora."

"Channelling?" Miele tilts her head slightly, oh yeah, she's been a little left out of the loop. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what it means either.

"It's a specific type of spell," Tecna tries to keep her explanation brief as not to confuse the girl, "basically their magic is linked. If Ogron lost his magic, because he has bound his magic to Flora so would she. It could be dangerous, though- we don't know how far he could have taken the spell. Some strong spell mean that injuries or illnesses could also be affected, but I doubt he's that strong."

"Because Ogron wants to use Flora's condition he's linked their magic?" Miele asks.

I nod, "he seems to have some sort of mental hold over her, too. He's done it before, making Flora want to work for them and he's probably done it again."

"It's honestly scary the lengths those guys have went to for her magic," Stella shivers, "all this time and they've just chased and chased us."

"Back to where I was trying to get to," Tecna interrupts, "what if we imprisoned the wizard in the Black Circle?"

"Their own realm?" I ask, "but wouldn't that just make them stronger?"

"Not if they had no magic. Besides, it's not like we absorb magic from here," she laughs a little, "and if what I said earlier is correct, Ogron wouldn't be able to absorb anything. We could seal off that world completely."

"I think I need a nap after hearing all of that," Stella huffed. Me too, Stell.

"Well long story short," the tech fairy closes her laptop, "if we can find a way to absorb their magic we will be okay."

"Wait," Stella holds up her index fingers, "okay, I think my brain took that part in."

Tecna playfully rolls her eyes and the rest of us laugh, honestly, I agree, my head hurts. Not that I'd share that.

"Can we come over now?" A small voice calls from further along. Apparently we had forgotten about the pixies and pets.

The pixie bond was something so important that the girls and I seemed to neglect. We had been so busy and stressed that we didn't have time to think, but I could tell that Lockette seemed more distant than usual.

"Hey, I'm sorry if I've not been spending as much time with you as you'd like," I quietly apologise to her, "sometimes it's easy to forget the strength of the bond."

"Don't apologise," she shakes her head, although her face brightened and I could tell that she appreciated it, "it's those mean wizards that are to blame!"

"That's right!" Chatta jumps out of Miele's hands, "when I get my hands on them I'll-"

"We're going to save Flora, right?" Amore asks.

"Of course, little one," Stella nods.

"But we have to be stealthy," Chatta pretends to creep around, looking side to side before jumping into the air once again, "or they'll catch us and gobble us up!"

Kiko squirmed and jumped into my arms, causing me to chuckle, "oh Chatta, where did you get that idea?"

"We watched the Blue Ninja!" Chatta pulls out a pair of mini nun-chucks from- wait, where did she get them?

The other pixies squeal as Chatta chases them around.

"And this ninja gobbles up pixies?" Aisha asks, an amused look on her face. Piff was, of course, asleep in her arms. It was a wonder that she hadn't yet woken up.

"No! The Evil Ninja does! Blue Ninja fights evil and works to save the world!" Digit pumps his fist into the air and the other pixies cheer.

"Creative names," Musa states sarcastically.

"You guys really need to stop watching those shows," Tecna adds, "it can't be good for you."

"I agree," Amore nods, "it encourages violence."

"Oh toughen up!" Chatta laughs, "I will train to be the best ninja this world has ever seen!"

A few of the pixies "play ninja" while the rest of us just roll our eyes at their antics. They seemed pretty much back to normal which was a relief, even if it meant they were acting silly again.

"Alright pixies, we're going to go see Miss Faragonda now, so look after each other and behave," I tell them and they nod.

"I really hope we can work this out," Miele comments and we all nod in agreement.