Chapter 22

Aisha POV

Months passed without a word from the Magic Dimension.

We soon realised that we were going to be staying here a lot longer than we thought we would so it was a good idea to get comfortable. Roxy and Bloom were giving us help in acting human. We came up with fake names for things like ordering food and Roxy only bought things with cash so that her card could not be traced in stores.

Not that I understood what that really meant, but I knew that it was just a precaution.

On top of that, only Tecna and Musa would go to the Love and Pet store. This was something we had to think through, but the two girls had already come up with an elaborate story to persuade the other workers - who we had alerted of our absence - to trust the two of them. Tecna first sent them a real e-mail from her own address (using a non-magic computer, of course) saying that the seven of us would be gone on urgent business and they have trusted a few friends with leading the business. I don't really know all of it, but Tecna has reassured us that her and Musa can go into the store a few times a week undetected and the other workers seem to trust them, so I never really asked any more questions. The two of them definitely have everything under control.

Bloom and Roxy dealt with everything the rest of us didn't really understand, which wasn't a lot but it was still very helpful.

Stella, Flora and I would basically deal with everything else, we would usually take the pets out for a long walk, get food shopping and clean around when everyone else was busy. Bloom and Roxy also frequently visited the Frutti Music Bar to make sure that Roxy's dad was okay. We didn't know if the Wizards would come for everyone else around us so we had to make sure he was okay. Roxy also visited Artu at the back of the shop one day, but he could smell her and recognised her scent almost instantly. She didn't want to take any chances so she hasn't seen him since.

I ran outside into Bloom's garden, where Flora and Stella were sitting at a garden table flipping through some files.

We still all stayed at Bloom's house. Even though we were all starting to get more comfortable, it was just kind of an unspoken rule that we would stay together. It was really nice actually. It reminded me of when we all stayed together at the shop, or even our rooms at Alfea.

"Oh- you have more?" Stella groans and Flora shakes her head.

"Yes, Stella, we have to sort through all of this paperwork," I begin to explain the files to the two girls, "everyone's names are on these, throw away anything we don't need, and any important bills you give to Roxy which she will organise."

"I didn't know living on Earth was so complicated!" Stella pouts.

"Yeah, because Brandon took care of that when you stayed here," Flora giggles.

Tecna POV

Musa and I said a quick "hello" to the few other workers in the store before wandering off to our own area. We sat around at the pet training area for a while, making sure everything was running smoothly. We tried to interact with the customers as little as possible but also didn't want to raise suspicion with the other workers.

I whispered quietly to Musa that I'd be back soon and she nods, taking one of the pets from my hands. I slip past all the customers and head upstairs to the new office spaces which were once our bedrooms. I sit at an empty desk and pull out my laptop from my bag.

I was the only one in the office, they were only really meant for the Winx and I but any workers could use them. We owned the place, so we used these areas for stuff that the other workers didn't really control, especially the magical areas. It was also a nice area to be alone and work.

I did actually enjoy coming to the shop to work a couple times a week, it kept me busy as I couldn't just "sit and relax" like the other girls - my brain was far too active.

I opened up my new, non-magical laptop and typed in my password. I then grabbed keys out of my bag and went downstairs to a secret room in the back where we kept security cameras and systems - something Musa and I enjoyed setting up a few weeks ago. I typed in a few things and collected data onto a memory stick, left the room and locked the door again.

I loaded all of the files onto my laptop, scrolling through the camera recordings, speeding them up and having a quick look over them.

Nothing suspicious again, that's good.

We had cameras all over, inside and outside to record things. It was comforting to have them there, of course we couldn't use magic but I had spare memory sticks that the files were automatically sent to, so that if these cameras were destroyed we would still have the data.

The Wizards of the Black Circle can't outsmart this tech-guru.

After finishing with the security and checking on all the other maintenance stuff I closed my computer, rubbing my eyes. Now that we were without magic we had to do everything manually, meaning that if something went wrong we had to hire people to come and fix it which I disliked. The more people seeing secured areas of the shop the more uncomfortable I felt.

I walk back to Musa who is now washing pets at the baths and she looks up at me, "how did you get on?"

"Nothing, again, so that's a good thing," I throw myself onto the chair on the other side of the bath, flinching every time a spray of water comes in my direction.

"I'll just finish up here and we can escape," she says quietly, nodding towards the door and I smile.