Chapter 10

Roxy POV

I pulled out my phone, shakily opening it and dialled for the emergency services. I had taken off my hoodie and placed it under the unknown woman's head to keep her comfortable for the meantime. I could tell she was breathing so hopefully it was all going to be okay.

I used my magic a little to make sure she was alright, but I wanted to take her to the hospital without fully healing her to find out what caused this to happen.

It was windy, and no one was around, all I wanted was to be home-

"Roxy?"

My head shoots up. It was long past my bedtime from looking at the clock in the hospital waiting room. A female nurse was bent down slightly to talk to me, "follow me, dear."

We walked through the hospital halls, my hands twitched and I fidgeted with them nervously. There were many memories attached to this hospital throughout the years.

The nurse opens one of the doors and motions me to enter the room. The woman was asleep on the hospital bed, she wasn't hooked up to any of those machines or anything which I guessed was a good thing.

"What did they find?" I ask, sitting in the chair next to the bed.

"She's just a regular girl, seventeen years old, no head traumas or anything so nothing to explain the strange behaviour. She has a few bruises on her head but nothing too out of the ordinary. She hasn't woken up yet, but when she does we you ask her a few questions as long as she's alright with it. Just try not to stress her out," the nurse advises me, "I'm gonna step out for a while, you're welcome to stay as long as you like within the visiting hours."

I nod and thank her as she exits the room. Some part of me felt sorry for this girl, and seeing as she came out of nowhere and looked so panicked. I looked at the clock, 3:14 pm. The clock must be broken, it must be really late. As if on cue, I yawned. I can't wait to go home and sleep.

I waited for a while, and texted my dad about the situation. I could tell he was confused but I told him it could be something important so he just agreed.

"W-who are you?"

Wide eyes met my own. The woman was sat upright on the hospital bed and was looking around the room frantically.

"My name's Roxy, I brought you here after you fainted," I state calmly, not trying to panic her as the nurse said. She gives me a confused look. I could only imagine how she'd be feeling, I'd be pretty scared if I woke up in a hospital. She might not remember what happened.

"Fainted?" She asks.

"Yes, don't you remember? You came to me, you were saying something and then you suddenly fainted," I explained.

"N-no," she shakes her head.

That's strange, I furrowed my eyebrows, "well, what's the last thing you remember before waking up here?"

"Uh-" she pauses and stares off into the corner of the room for a few moments before answering, "oh! I was just leaving- the Frutti Music Bar! Your dad owns the bar, right?"

I nod, "yeah, he does."

"Well, I left the bar, and then this guy came up to me and was asking for directions or something, then he touched me on the shoulder and-" she blinked quickly a few times, "-and I just remembered that I had to look for- you! I was looking for you? That's all I remember, though."

"Me, why were you looking for me?" I asked, maybe I should call Miss Faragonda and let her know. On second thought, she'll probably be asleep and I don't want to wake her up unless I know it's completely urgent.

"I don't remember," the girls shrugs, "why am I even here? What happened?"

"I told you, you fainted and I called an ambulance. I didn't know if you were hurt on not," I frowned.

She sighed, "well, thanks I guess. What a weird night it's been."

"Yeah," I smile sweetly and nod.

The nurse comes back in and takes the girls details, I later found out her name as Alana. She seems to live nearby, although I've never seen her before and usually can recognise most people in Gardenia, especially those who come to the bar. I let her use my phone to call her parents and help her get out of the hospital.

"So, where do you live?" I ask as we leave the hospital.

"Oh, don't worry, it's not far from here I can walk I'm sure," she wobbles a little as we walk down the stairs.

"Don't be silly," I shake my head, "I can get my dad to pick us up. I live quite far away anyway, I'm sure he wouldn't mind."

I hope not. I'm sure if I explain the situation he'll come and get us.

I checked my phone, 1:03 am. It had taken a few hours to release Alana and I was very, very tired, surely it's way past visiting hours. I didn't show it though. I felt a responsibility to make sure she got home safely, the Alfea fairy in me was shining through. I kept in mind to tell Miss Faragonda what happened as soon as possible.

I called my dad a few times, but it went straight to voicemail, he must be asleep!

"Hey, buses won't be running this late, will they?" I ask and Alana shakes her head.

It's not that far of a walk I guess if I pick up the pace.

"Hey, my big sister should be up at this time. She's never on her phone, but if we walk to my house she could take you home," she suggests. I smiled and thanked her, and we began to walk to her house.

Don't think about how dark and scary it is right now, Rox. I shivered.

As we finally reached her house, Alana paused and gasped, "I just remembered!"

Looking at her confused, I watch her dig into her pockets and pull out a necklace. It was a small, black heart. She held it out in front of me and smiled, "I meant to give this to you. That's why I was looking for you!"

"You were looking for me to give me this?" I ask and she nods happily, "but you didn't even know me until a few hours ago."

She shrugs, "oh well, doesn't matter. You've helped me out so much and I really appreciate it. Either way, I want you to have it."

I hesitantly take the necklace from her hands and she runs into her house to get her sister to drop me off at my home.

I hold it up into the air, and it twinkles in the moonlight. What is this and why do I have it?