Chapter 14

Flora POV

"Gone?" My voice cracks slightly and my eyes were beginning to tear up.

"I'm sorry," Timmy bows his head shamefully, "it happened too fast. They didn't have time to teleport themselves back."

Saladin, standing next to him, also bows his head, "the communication lines cut off so suddenly. The workers did everything they could but all communications to Omega were cut off. There was someone at the Omega base but he was teleported back immediately. It's going to take some time before we can send anyone back."

"We have to go!" Stella immediately replies.

"Now, Stella, I understand you're upset but we need to think this through," Miss Faragonda calmly states. Stella huffs and sits down on the chair in front of her desk.

"Of course I'm upset! They're GONE!" She yells, throwing her head down on the desk. The rest of the girls and I just stare at the ground. Of course Tecna still had Timmy, but we all felt sad at the missing guys.

"And we think it's the Wizards?" Miss Faragonda asks Timmy and Saladin.

"Of course it's the Wizards!" Stella groans.

"Enough!" Miss Faragonda holds her hand up with a serious look on her face, "not another word from any of you."

"The last thing I heard they were talking about Ogron being missing from the cell," Timmy nods, "but after that, all communication lines were cut and the audio recordings were erased. I have no doubt that it's them. That they escaped."

"They can't go back to Omega, but they will soon. Then, I'll personally make sure you girls are the first there," Faragonda reassures us.

"We better," Stella mutters and the rest of us nod. We were angry but acting out wasn't going to help anything.

"We've been in this situation before. Probably too many times," I sigh, "we'll get them back, guys."

They don't reply. They're clearly hurting too. I don't blame them.

Miss Faragonda also sighs, "maybe it's not a good idea to let you go to Omega. Maybe you should take some time-"

"No!" We all protest immediately.

She pauses, "I think you all need to some time to calm down first. I will discuss potential plans with Timmy and Saladin and I will come and get you from your room."

"But-"

"No," she holds up her hand, "you will not argue with me. I don't want you doing anything foolish out of anger."

We all huff and drag ourselves to our room, she's right. If there was a chance to go to Omega right now I know we'd all take it. Miss Faragonda's right- we need to calm down first.

We all sat on the sofa in silence and I hugged a fluffy pillow close to my chest. My heart felt so, well, heavy, "what do you think happened?"

They all paused for a few moments before looking at me. Bloom was the first to speak, "I don't want to think about it. I really don't."

"Yeah," Aisha nods, "those Wizards are evil men."

"So- that's it? They're back-" my voice wavered as the realisation hit me.

"There's no denying it now," Musa agrees.

"I can't believe it," I whispered into the cold room, "how?"

"Exactly. I thought Omega was safer than ever," Bloom also grabs a pillow to hold.

"I knew it was too good to be true!" Stella groans, her voice muffled from her face being stuffed into a pillow.

But- no, it's definitely them. I know it. How? How is that possible? I saw them weak, powerless, with my own eyes! How?

"I just don't understand," I shake my head.

We were miserable for the next few hours, and we just sat in each other's company unmoving. I drifted in and out of sleep a few times, and the room was still freezing. I couldn't stop thinking about Helia. Where is he now? Is he hurt? I hope not, but knowing the Wizards-

No. Stop. Don't think about it.

Someone yawns, snapping me out of my daydream. I looked at the clock on the wall, we had been sitting on the sofas for a few hours, and I think I dreamt about Helia, but I couldn't quite remember exactly.

"What time is it?" Stella sits up, rubbing her eyes.

We went back to Miss Faragonda's office eventually, Timmy and Saladin had clearly left. The Headmistress looked deep in thought as she stared at a book floating to her left.

"Miss Faragonda?" Aisha suddenly gets her attention and her head snaps up.

"Ah, girls," she smiles sympathetically, "how are you feeling?"

"Better," we all nod.

"Good, are you all ready to talk now?"

We talked to Miss Faragonda about what happened on Omega. She said that the guys were sent there on a secret mission, which we would be annoyed about minus the circumstances, to investigate all the strange events in the Magic Dimension. They said something about Ogron being missing before all lines cut off and they haven't been seen since then. It will take some time before we can go back to Omega.

"I know I suggested you girls go to Omega," she begins, "but Saladin and I agreed that it may be too dangerous. For all we know the Wizards could be waiting in there ready to attack you. We will send it some of the workers and you can stay in the control centre."

Although we wanted to go, we knew this was the right choice for all of us, so we stubbornly agreed.

Suddenly, Roxy bursts through the doors, "Hey! I heard what happened!"

We explained the situation to Roxy, and when we were done she turns to Miss Faragonda, "can I help? Please?"

"Oh, Roxy, I don't-"

"What a great idea!" Bloom smiles widely, encouraging Miss Faragonda to agree to Roxy's pleading.

I wouldn't expect Bloom to agree so quickly, but I guess we could use all the help we can get right now. And Roxy is really good help.

"Well, I suppose. But you must take good care of her."

"Hey!" Roxy pouts, "I'm stronger now! I can do this!"

"She'll be surrounded by us. If anything goes wrong with anyone, we'll have each other. Don't worry," I reassure the Headmistress calmly.

"Okay," she nods, "I will arrange for you to go to Omega. In the meantime, I'll be here whenever you need me. Don't worry, we'll get the Specialists back."