Chapter 3

Aisha POV

The Pixies led us through the forest to their village. All the trees in the forest looked identical, and the village was already supposed to be hard to find, but even with guides in front of us I was starting to get confused. I began to play a game of "if we didn't have guides would I find the village?" - it didn't last very long. Eventually, we entered the village. Careful not to accidentally step on the tiny little houses, we made our way to the Tree of Life.

Ninfea, the leader of the village, with her green outfit and hair, welcomes us and guides us to the tree. She speaks as we walk, "you may have noticed the lack of pixies around the village. As you may have guessed, many of our pixies have fallen ill. They have actually been taken into the care of the nearby schools like Alfea. I'm afraid there's not enough time or resources for me to take care of them myself. They will probably be in better care in the hands of fairies, anyway."

"But what about the fairies? Lots of them are sick!" I ask.

"Yes, but strangely enough more powerful figures are ill than your average fairy," the Leader explains, "it's strange. The illness, as I'll call it, is very randomly spread."

"Why do you think this is all happening, Ninfea?" Musa asks.

"Well, it's very hard to tell. As of right now, I can only guess-" she pauses. She then sighs and turns around to face us, "there's something you don't know."

"What?" We ask almost all at the same time.

"I-I mustn't!" The pixie shakes her head.

"No! You have to!" Stella practically jumps up and down in anticipation.

"Don't worry Ninfea, we won't tell anyone if you don't want us to," Flora pleads.

"Well- okay," she sighs again, "when you all took down the Wizards of the Black Circle, we thought it was too good to be true-"

"Hey!" Stella folds our arms.

"It's nothing against you," the pixie quickly adds, "but it's no secret how powerful they are- were! How powerful they were! Anyway, all the leaders of the Magic Dimension came together. Lots of them. They put all their magic and energy into keeping those evil men locked up. Their magic was actually built into the cell to keep the Wizards in place!"

"In the cell walls?" Tecna asks.

"Yes. It's the only way to ensure that they stay put in their cells. So, after about a year or so of working hard to secure them in their cells, they- well, they wanted a break. But, you see, if the general public found out that they were taking a step back many people would be very angry. Their job is to constantly protect, so, they decided to keep it a secret."

She continues, "these leaders, many of them, channel power into the elements which all fairies draw their magic from and keep everything strong. For example, water and fire and constantly kept alive by their guardian fairies. This can also include guardians of planets."

Flora gasps, "but wouldn't that include us, Ninfea?"

The leader nods, "yes. You are a small part in the grand scheme of things, though, but if all other important figures are gone it can't end well."

"But wouldn't they know this?" Tecna asks, "wouldn't they realise that if they took a break everything and everyone would weaken?"

"Of course, but they insisted that it was necessary for them to rest and that plenty of guardians were still active. I even went to speak to Miss Faragonda, who of course agreed, but these people are too powerful and won't listen. Unfortunately, their priorities are things like money, power, and how people perceive them. They'd put themselves first."

"But surely they can't just leave everyone to defend themselves?" I ask.

"Well, no, but they believe that the remaining guardians, the less powerful and who didn't take a break, are enough to defend the Magic Dimension for a while. I agree that there are no current threats, but it's very unprofessional to take a break for months," Ninfea shakes her head, "that's more than enough to heal their magic."

"So, because these leaders took a break and stopped infusing their magic into the elements it's made everyone's magic a little bit weaker?" Bloom asks.

"Exactly," Ninfea nods, "to be honest, they returned last week from their break but I've seen no improvements. Actually, this has all gotten worse since they've been back."

"They're back?" Musa asks, "but if their magic's healed why wouldn't they start using it again?"

"I'm not sure, I've not heard anything from any of them lately. It seems to be the only logical explanation for all of this, however."

"Okay, so what can we do to help?" I ask.

"Well, I would definitely try and contact some of the leaders or guardians of the Magic Dimension. Make sure you tell Miss Faragonda everything when you return, too. Try and spend some time using your powers, too. That could help channel the elements," the Pixie suggests.

"How do we channel the elements, exactly?" Stella asks.

"Just using your powers is enough. Take the time to really try and use them for good, or just practice some spells, or help others with their magic. I heard you will be teaching soon?" She raises her eyebrows and we all nod.

"Well, that sounds good. Just let us know if there's anything else we can help you with, Ninfea," Flora frowns in concern, "are you sure you don't want us to stay here at Pixie Village for a while? Surely we could help the Pixies?"

The Pixie Leader shakes her head, "don't worry. I am the leader here, I will make sure that they are back to their full magical abilities in no time. Just make sure you girls are using your powers, and encourage your school friends to do the same."

"Okay, well, let us know if you need anything," Bloom says as we all say goodbye to Ninfea and the other pixies.

We are guided out of the village and return to Alfea, desperate to share the news with the Headmistress.