Chapter 27

Flora POV

"What is that?"

I hopped off of the bus and walked towards what seemed to be cars upon cars, stacked on top of each other, blocking the bridge that would allow us to leave Gardenia. There were small flames emerging, but they didn't seem to grow much bigger, as though they were frozen in time.

"I can't drive through, we're going to have to move these cars," I tell the girls, more specifically looking to the Dragon Flame.

"I got it," Bloom gets my hint and walks towards the cars. I hold my breath. The town was still eerily silent, except from the running of the bus engine. Bloom transforms in the distance and presumably gets to work at the cars on fire.

"Hey, Bloom, everything okay?" Musa calls after a little while.

Bloom doesn't respond. She suddenly turns around and begins to fly back to the bus much to our confusion, and we can faintly hear her yelling, "transform!"

"What?"

"I think she's telling us to transform."

We knew better than to waste time by questioning each other by now, and we all transformed into our fairy forms.

"Get on the bus, now!" Bloom ushers us on and I decided it was better to drive away first and ask questions later.

I reverse and drive away from the bridge where I guessed Bloom wanted me to go, "okay, there should be another exit not too far away. What's going on, Bloom?"

"That wasn't real fire, it was dark magic," she explains, "-and I think we all know who loves to make fire out of dark magic."

My heart sinks, but I don't respond. No one does. Instead, Roxy moves further up the bus to talk to me, "take that street and go straight ahead. It will take longer, but we should get out of here soon."

This way was much busier, as before we had tried to take back roads to avoid attention. This meant that the roads were filled with cars and buses that were stopped, everyone still hypnotised. We were still in fairy form, so I stopped the bus and turned to the others, "couldn't we just fly?"

"Why did no one suggest that in the first place? I hate this bus!" Stella gets off before anyone can protest and we all follow.

"Because we need to avoid being seen as much as possible!" Musa, still inside the bus, calls out to Stella.

"Well it's a bit late for that, isn't it," Stella mutters, too quiet for Musa to hear and I laugh.

"Indeed, Fairy."

My stomach dropped.

No, no, no, no.

"Ogron!"

Oh, for the love of-

"Did you miss me?" He asks smugly, well obviously not.

Bloom snorts, "are you here to give another big evil-villain speech about how we're all going down and you're going to take over the Magic Dimension?"

"Something like that," Ogron shrugs.

"The last time you did that we took all your magic and locked you away for years," Aisha joins in.

"-and then we broke out," another voice, belonging to Gantlos, appears from behind us, "you should have killed us when you had the chance." The four of them surround us and I feel an overwhelming sense of deja-vu.

"Can they not just all stand in front of us? Why do they need to be so dramatic every single time?" Stella whispers in a hushed voice and I can't help but giggle.

"I'm glad you find this funny," Gantlos snaps, stomping his foot on the ground, causing us all to topple over and hit the ground.

"Where are the Specialists?" I yell, "how did you even get out?"

"They're alive," Anagan bluntly replies.

"How did you get out? How did you find us?" I repeat.

They're just standing there, why aren't they doing anything?

Ogron nods to his left and I turn to see Duman morph and change to look like- a girl?

"No!" Roxy gasps.

"What is it?" Tecna asks her.

"That's Alana," she spits.

"What? So you found us just by tricking Roxy?" I began to stand up, "but how would you even know where we were? You must have had another way-"

"We do not have to give you answers, Fairy," Ogron replies.

"Why aren't they attacking us?" I hear Musa whisper.

"Well why aren't we attacking them?" Aisha whispers back.

I pause before looking to Ogron, "you're weak, aren't you?"

He scoffs, "the Wizards of the Black Circle are never weak."

"We had our magic taken too and we're probably still not at our full potential because everyone got so sick-"

I pause again.

"What is it Flora?" Bloom nudges my arm, trying to study my expression.

"They made everyone sick!" I exclaim, pointing at Ogron.

"What?"

"They were taking magic from everyone and using it for themselves-"

"Congratulations, Fairy, you figured us out," Duman laughs, "there's nothing you can do about it."

"But how can they take magic on such a large scale? That's impossible!" Tecna exclaims.

"Not that we need it anymore," Gantlos smirks, "fairy magic doesn't exactly help us much."

So that's why they need so much of it.

"As I said, Fairy, we don't have to answer any of your questions," Ogron snaps, eyeing Gantlos.

"How did you get out of that prison?" I ask, I don't understand any of this! They must have some way to absorb magic that we don't know about!

"That's enough! Grab her and let's go!" Ogron instructs the other three and they nod before disappearing into their dark clouds.

"Flora, run!" Aisha yells. It didn't take a genius to figure out that they were after me. After all, Gantlos had let slip that "good" magic wasn't very useful to them, meaning they would probably need me.

Roxy grabs my arm and begins to fly away, dragging me with her. I didn't question it, but could hear the crashing of spells flying around in the distance. I couldn't tell if we were being followed or not, but I didn't look back. She quickly lands in an alleyway.

"There's no way we can fight them," I shake my head, "we need to get out of here."

Roxy nods, "I know. I was going to try and use my necklace to teleport us back to Alfea."

"Would that work?" I ask.

She nods, "I think so- I just need a little help."

I nod and use my magic to try and help Roxy activate her necklace, "Roxy, sometime we are going to have to stop running. We need to fight them."

"I know, I feel like we're just running away too, but if we tried to take them down now we wouldn't stand a chance," Roxy frowns.

"But they have to be weaker than usual! Or else why not just attack us?"

"They had the power to hypnotise everyone in town. I think they're pretty strong. Maybe not as strong as they were, but they wouldn't attack if they knew they'd lose. Even if they are only coming for you they'd know they'd be facing all of us," she sighs.

I nod, "yeah, you're right. I just hope the others are okay."

"They will be, but we need to get this necklace working quick."