Chapter 17

Flora POV

"Are you girls alright? What happened?"

It takes my eyes a minute to adjust to the change in lighting, and my ears were still ringing from the loud noise we all heard.

"I-I don't know," I rubbed my head in confusion, "there was a loud noise and then-"

We were back at the original base with Timmy, Saladin, Miss Faragonda and all the workers who were staring at us with wide eyes. All the screens and computers were black, and the lights on the ceiling were flashing as if they were about to go out.

"You were all teleported back here," Timmy hits the screen of his computer a few times and it sparks before bursting into flames. The rest of the screens crackle before also setting on fire on their own.

Bloom shoots her hands out and commands the fire back to her quickly before further damage can be done, "I'm sorry, but we can only reverse the damage done to your stuff to a certain extent."

"Don't worry, it can all be replaced easily, all files were duplicated just in case something like this happened," Timmy shakes his head, "what's more important is that you all are okay."

"We're fine," I nod, and the girls and I stand up.

"What did you find?" Miss Faragonda asks us, "the cameras cut off towards the end, we couldn't really see what was going on."

"We didn't really find anything," Aisha shakes her head, "we got ourselves into the prison but we didn't get far before we were teleported back here."

"I don't understand," the Headmistress mumbles to herself.

We were all completely perplexed at the situation, what just happened?

We spent some more time at the headquarters but we couldn't really find anything. Timmy rebooted the system but nothing could give us an explanation as to what happened. We investigated the teleporting area but that was also slightly broken, although Timmy said he could fix it.

"Girls, follow me," Miss Faragonda orders and we follow her back outside.

"Wait- we're going back? We can't go now!" Aisha protests.

"We don't have any other choice. I must speak to you all immediately," she explains urgently, and by the look on her face we knew not to argue against it.

The journey back to Alfea was almost completely silent. Miss Faragonda was deep in conversation on the phone to someone and the rest of us were either trying to listen in or in a daydream thinking about what had happened.

It has to be.

Surely.

I can't keep denying it.

The scars were still fresh from our adventures but I knew there was only so much that could be considered as my paranoia. Miss Faragonda had almost brainwashed us into being calm and collected whenever anything happened. She had told us we would experience a lot of paranoia for a while after all the trauma we had been through.

But this was more than paranoia.

It just had to be.

I never said it out loud, of course. None of us dared. We were all waiting for solid proof until we were able to actually find the words to say, but we all knew. We all suspected. We all had the same gut feeling.

But we continued to deny it.

The ship eventually lands at Alfea and we silently follow the Headmistress into the hall, where we all sit on the front row of seats. Miss Faragonda calls in Griselda and the other teachers before talking to them quietly in a huddle in the centre of the room. The rest of us give confused looks to each other but remain silent as we watch the teachers.

"Girls," Miss Faragonda clasps her hands as the rest of the teachers leave the room, "I'm afraid we have a serious problem."

My heart sank, "it's the Wizards, isn't it?" I muttered.

The rest of us pauses, awaiting her answer. She sighed deeply, "I believe so."

I nod, putting my head in my hands. The rest of the girls surprisingly stay silent, likely from shock. We hadn't seen anything with our own eyes, but it had to be true.

"I have no other option but to prepare for the worst. I know I've told you all that you may be paranoid but we can't deny what's right in front of us," she explains.

"What are we going to do?" Bloom asks, chewing her fingernail anxiously.

"I have sent out an emergency warning to all leaders of the Magic Dimension and other schools. We are going to have to go under complete lockdown," she motions her hand to the screen which shows magical barriers starting to form, "this is what we will do shortly- we will have one barrier as a defence and another to hide the school. To anyone else, it will look as though the school has disappeared."

"Lockdown?!" We gasp.

"Doesn't that mean we're trapped here?" Stella asks.

"You will have everything you need here, but yes, for your own safety we can not let anyone leave until the situation is resolved, or, at least, we figure out exactly what's going on."

"Is there anything we can do to help?" I ask.

"You girls must protect yourselves and the other fairies. I will let you know as soon as I receive any information about the Specialists or Omega. Be prepared for the Wizards of the Black Circle, but also be aware of any other dark magic," she warns us, "we must keep on our guard."

We nod and agree to be prepared for the worst.

The girls and I, minus Roxy, walk along the halls of Alfea. It was deadly quiet, which was strange, seeing as Miss Faragonda had just put up the barriers. We thought most fairies would be indoors, loudly chatting about the lockdown. Miss Faragonda said she would announce it to us all in a few hours, but surely there had to be rumours flying around as usual.

We spoke quietly about the Wizards and the whole situation, when suddenly there was a huge bang coming from outside. We looked out of a window, but couldn't see anything.

"Winx!" We hear Roxy scream from down the hall.

"You need to get outside now!"