twentythree.

~Word Count: 3.8k

Third POV

"Why is this so hard!?"

The agitated caramel brunette swiveled in her chair and groaned to the heavens. Her arms flailed in the air as the notepad in her hands flew onto her bed and her pen flung somewhere else.

The poor girl was busying herself by trying to figure out which gift she should give to whom. She already bought a few miscellaneous things from the mall earlier with Ema.

Today, both the girls wanted to spend the morning doing Christmas shopping for their family and others that they want to joyfully gift. The other day, Yuuki miraculously found a sale for stuffed toys on her way home, which she immediately took that chance and bought thirteen of them.

She plans to head to the orphanage tomorrow on a Sunday, the day before the week of reviewing for tests that she'll start brutally. Though, she'll make sure her visit is a surprise again so she can irritate Janene with her unexpected visiting.

"There are some stubborn pests in this family so this is going to be quite complicated." Yuuki muttered to herself with a sigh.

Then her stomach growled, having the initial response to rub her lower abdomen. The young girl stands up from her chair and grabs her light cardigan that hung behind her door. She makes her way up the stairs to the kitchen, planning to rummage through the kitchen for a snack.

In the main living room, sounds of Wataru's melodic laughter chorusing along Tsubaki's and Yusuke's playful brawling reached the ears of Yuuki's. As her figure pops into view, her first response was to avoid being plummeted to the ground as Yusuke's body fell backwards.

She sighed in annoyance, swerving her way into the kitchen. She greets Ukyo's calm presence and he does the same as he walks out after finishing cleaning. He goes to sit down on the couch beside Masaomi and Kaname, taking a break to watch both the tv and the quarrel between his nuisance young brothers.

When Yuuki couldn't find something that suite her taste, she chugs down on a glass of water and exited. As she was about to climb up the stairs to the mezzanine, she suddenly felt arms wrapped around her waist and chest. The young girl stiffened, inhaling quietly to have a wift of their scent but it was unfamiliar to her. It appears they lingered a feminine perfume that is a little sweet.

Yuuki cocks her head back and gasped, fully twisting her body around to hug the figure back with a huge cheerful grin.

"Hikaru-san, you came back home! How was your trip from, err-"

"New York City." Hikaru chinked a smile, finishing her sentence.

Yuuki's eyes sparkled in awe. The idea of Hikaru being a journalist that travels the world just like her father is so exciting. Although the caramel brunette hasn't really spent much time with the older brother, she still wishes to become close with him and hear his wonderful stories.

"That's so far away, why are you even back so early. Christmas is like next week." Tsubaki tilts his head, now standing beside the caramel brunette.

He carefreely wraps his arm around Yuuki's waist and tug her body closer to him, breaking the hug between her and Hikaru. The brothers that sat from the couch glared at the action, some a little bothered by where his hand is held on her.

Hikaru creeps a smirk, glancing at how close Tsubaki is to Yuuki and the disturbed looks he can feel from his fellow brothers. Excitement tingling him with an amused glimmer in his eyes.

"Why not? What if I came back early just so I can spend some time with my dear brothers that I have not seen in forever~" Hikaru places his hands on his hips, shrugging his shoulders.