twelve.

Episode 3 ~

~ Word Count: 1.5k

Third POV

Later that night, Ema tiredly yawns as she slumps down the stairs to the kitchen to make a midnight cup of coffee. She figured her sister was also busy studying so she wanted to make her favorite chai tea.

Ema quietly heats up the kettle on the stove and places a filter on top of her mug. Beside hers was another mug with a dry tea bag.

A whisper echoes from the kettle, signaling the hot water was done. As Ema starts to pour into both mugs, a deep voice resounded behind her. Ema jumps and quickly turns around to see Ukyo standing there watching her pour.

"I didn't know you were up, are you studying this late?" asks Ukyo, walking up towards the shy girl.

"Oh yeah, I was feeling a little tired so I thought I could wake myself up a bit. My sister is probably studying as well so I'm making her tea" Ema gave a small smile and continued with her drinks.

"You and Yuuki-san are both intelligent girls. This kinda brings back memories to when I was in school studying almost every night" Ukyo chuckles, feeling nostalgic as he talks to Ema.

"Well I barely study, but onee-chan always studies late every night. Sometimes i'm worried about her health" Ema purses her lips.

Before Ema could look up at Ukyo's face, she felt a cloth suddenly wrapped around her shoulders. She looks down and notices Ukyo's jacket that he was wearing was now on her body.

"At least, make sure to take care of your health. Yuuki probably knows her precautious limit, too. Since she seems to be always cheerful each day no matter what" Ukyo smiles, having Ema reflect his smile as well.

Behind the two, minuscule taps on wood catches their attention. A figure in a vivid red dress with a black leather jacket walks down the stairs and stands at the entrance of the kitchen with their hand placed on their hip. The figure swiftly flips their long red-orange colored hair with a flashy smirk.

Ema gazes at the beautiful figure, stunned by their beauty. She didn't know someone like her would live here in this chaotic house full of men. She thought she was the only girl here.

Before she could speak, she was startled by the person suddenly hugging her. A light blush sprouts upon Ema's cheeks, not knowing how to respond.

"You don't know how long i've been waiting to meet you" whispered the beautiful figure. Ema's eyes widen by this.

The figure finally lets go and steps back a bit. They gaze down at the petite shy girl and gave a warm smile.

"So nice to meet you, i'm Hikaru. The fourth son in the Asahina family"

Ema gaped at his introduction, "the fourth s-son, wait what?"

Ukyo annoyingly sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose.

"Hikaru is still a man, despite the way he dresses on his own time. Sadly, he is our brother" Ukyo crosses his arms across his chest.

Hikaru scoffs and gently smacks Ukyo's upper arm, "who taught you to be rude?"

The crossdresser sighs then turns his head to the shy brunette to hold out his hand. He tells her he cannot wait to become close with her and Ema gladly shook his hand with a nod. Hikaru smiles but pauses as he remembered why he was here. He turns to the huge fancy shopping bag on his shoulder.

He hands one of the items from the bag to the girl. Ema becomes shock at the gift, not expecting to receive one this late.

"Say, do you know if the other imouto is awake at this time?"