THIRTY-FIVE

THIRTY-FIVE

[A couple of months later]

I laugh loudly as Ethan is tackled to the ground by Noah.

Ethan makes a large groan as his body hits the floor.

"Come on Ethan, stop playing like a girl!" I shout down the field to him.

It's summer now and school is over with. My brother's and I are making the most of summer and usually spend it either at the local park, playing whatever activity we choose that today or running as wolves through the woodlands near our house.

A lot has changed since the events that took place a couple of months ago.

My dad was never found and never heard from again. It was announced to the pack what he had done, and he was banished from ever returning here, with the punishment of death if he ever did. It broke my mum's heart to find out what had really happened. But she's learning to deal with it.

Caleb announced that he didn't want to be Alpha and was handing the role over to Alex, who decided to join the two packs back together again and have me running alongside him as his Luna. I was living with Alex in the pack house, but made regular visits home to see my family.

Everything was going well, and everyone seemed happy. I was a newly shifted wolf, running the pack alongside my, now boyfriend, Alpha. My wolf wasn't trying to kill me anymore, meaning I wasn't going to die, and I'd never been happier.

"Hey beautiful," I hear a voice say, snapping me out of my thoughts,

I smile as I immediately recognise the voice and turn around. Alex throws his strong arms around me and embraces me in a hug, leaning down to kiss me.

"Hey," I say as I pull away from him, "How was your meeting?"

"Boring," he laughs, "But gotta' be done,"

"Lovebirds!" I hear one of my brother's shout from behind me, "Are you playing or what?"

I turn around and look over at my brother's and Noah, sticking my tongue out at them before turning back to Alex, "Wanna' play?"

He smirks, "Are we still talking about football?"

I slap his chest and laugh, "Of course!"

He laughs as well.

I lean up and whisper into his ear, "There's plenty of time for that later," I smirk as I pull away and out of his arms.

He huffs loudly as I turn around and start running for the ball in Ethan's hands. Alex runs past me, nudging me in the side and laughing.

He tackles Ethan to the ground for the ball and chucks it to me.

I catch it and take off running.

I was so happy right now.

This is how I wanted my life to be forever.