TWENTY-SIX

TWENTY-SIX

[Elle's POV]

I awake to pain, pain all over my body. I groan loudly and force my eyes open.

I immediately squeeze them shut as a bright light is shone in my eyes.

"You're awake," a voice says. I feel my glasses being taken from my face and a finger on my eyelids, forcing them open, "Open your eyes for me sweetie,"

I hiss loudly at the bright light and try to hit them away with my hand, but I can't move it. I try to move it again and hear a loud metal clank as I do.

I look over to see my hand clamped into a metal cuff. What the hell?

I look over to my other hand to see the same thing.

I try to move my body but look down to see my whole body is chained to a cross shaped metal bar.

What the hell was going on?

"Over here," I hear the voice say, someone grabs my chin and turns me to face them, they move the light away and I see their face.

Stood there was Alpha Dixon.

He grabs a wheelie chair and sits on it, moving closer to me, "I'm so glad you're awake," he smirks loudly, "Your dad's been up for hours," he says moving out of the way and motioning to the other side of the room.

My dad was over the other side of the room, locked into the same thing I was, "Gabrielle," he sounds weak when he speaks, "Don't tell them any-anything,"

Alpha Dixon comes into my eyeline, blocking my father, "Oh don't worry. It's not information we want, it's revenge."

"Revenge?" I ask,

"Oh, daddy hasn't told you?" he asks, mockingly as he laughs, "Well Alex, why don't you come in and tell her."

I hear footsteps from behind me and try and turn to look.

Alex walks past the cross I was chained to and into my eyeline.

Why wasn't Alex chained up like my dad and I were? What was going on? Was he in on this?

"Alex?"

Alpha Dixon stands and pats Alex on the shoulder, "Go on Alex, why don't you tell her the story as to why your packs don't like each other"

"I've been told already," I hiss, "I don't need telling again about how Alex's dad killed my g-"

Alpha Dixon cuts me off by laughing loudly, "That's what you've been told?" he carries on laughing, "Who told you that lie?"

I look over to my dad, he's looking away from me, "Dad?"

"They lied to you Elle," Alex said,

I look back over to Alex, tears fill my eyes, "What?"

"Your dad killed my dad," Alex started to explain, "My mum was murdered by rogues and my dad was devastated by it, he couldn't run the pack as well as he could before. Your dad decided to take matters into their own hands and challenged him for the alpha role,"

I couldn't even process what Alex was saying. My family had lied to me.

"My uncle found his mate and moved to be with her after he gained control of her pack," he motions over to Alpha Dixon, "He made me alpha before he left,"

"U-uncle?" I look over to Alpha Dixon, "He's your uncle?"

Alex nods.

"But my g-grandfather, your dad killed him"

Alex shakes his head, "Elle, your grandfather died of natural causes before you were even born. This happened a couple of years ago,"

A couple of years ago?

My breathing starts to get heavy. I'd been lied to this whole time.

"It probably happened when you were away at boarding school,"

"You-you're lying,"

"Elle," he takes a step forward and shakes his head, "I'm not,"

"You planned this?" my voice gets louder in between my shaky breaths, "You planned for us to come here, so you could get your revenge on my dad?"

"Elle it's not like that" Alex shakes his head,

"You're lying!" I screamed and started to shake,

Spots started to cloud my vision as Alex stepped closer towards me, his voice was distant, and I couldn't understand what he was saying.

I felt a sharp prick on my arm and hissed loudly before everything went black.

[Alex's POV]

"I was told she would be unharmed!" I shouted loudly as I entered into my uncle's office after him. I slam the door shut behind us.

He laughs, "And that she is," he sits down at his desk on the other side of the room,

"So why is she chained up like a prisoner?"

"Alex," my uncle states picking up a pen and twirling it around his finger, "She is a medical marvel. As if I'm just going to let her go,"

"You haveto let her go," I growl, walking across the room and putting my hands on the table, leaning over close to his face,

"Of course," he claps his hands together and nods, "Just after we've done some tests on her first. Remember, we might still be able to help your little mate."

"She's not well enough for tests, just help her"

"It's just some small tests Alex, nothing too much," he explains, "You'll have her back within a couple of days,"

I go to argue again but he cuts me off.

"If you carry on being a problem, you'll be down there with her and her scum of a father," he says quietly,

I growl quietly and lean back, pushing myself off of the table and turning around.

I hear him chuckle from behind me, "I still think it's funny that the man who killed your dad produced your mate,"

"Yeah well, the wolf goddess obviously thought it'd be really funny," I sigh turning around to face him,

"That's probably why she's so messed up," he says, "Because of her father,"

I growl loudly. "Don't speak about her like that,"

My uncle laughs again and holds his hands up, "Calm down Alex. Remember whose idea it was to bring her here and help her," he says, "Your job was just to bring her dad as well, so we could get some revenge,"

"You had better well have some kind of idea as to how to help her,"

"Is that all you care about?" he stands and walks around the table to me, "Remember what this man did to your father Alex, killing him in such a vicious way, his body could hardly be identified. You having to see him like that, then bury him next to your already dead mother."

I sigh loudly and grit my teeth, before looking up at him, "You can have your revenge," I say before turning and heading towards the door. I open it and go to walk out, "Just find some way to help Elle."