SIXTEEN

a/n: hey everyone! Enjoy this new part! ENJOY! LIKE! COMMENT :)

SIXTEEN

I didn't know how to act. Should I be happy that it was someone I knew? Should I be scared that it was Alex?

My mum's voice rang through my ears. Her telling me the story of Alex's dad killing my grandpa.

I jumped as Alex spoke loudly, "What are you doing out here?" He started to walk towards me.

I held my hands up defensively, and took a step backwards, stopping him from coming any closer, "Alex"

"What are you doing here?" He asked again, "We thought you were a rogue, we were coming to attack." Luckily his anger was starting to disappear.

"Sorry" I said quietly, "I don't really know how I ended up here." I looked around, I couldn't see anything other than woods. It was also dark now, late at night. How long had I been walking for? What time was it?

"You don't know?" He asked, raising an eyebrow,

"I was just walking" I lied, "Guess I just didn't realise where I was"

He laughed through his nose, "You mean to tell me, you came out walking, wearing no shoes and," he stopped and motioned to me up and down, "whatever this is"

I looked down at myself, my feet were filthy with mud and grass on them from where I'd been walking, and I was wearing one of my brother's hoodies over my pyjamas.

I looked back up and him and shrugged, "It's technically my pyjamas" I said, "just not the hoodie, that's my brother's"

He rolled his eyes and stared down at me, he took a step closer to me which I counteracted with a step backwards.

He carried on stepping forwards and me backwards until I felt a thump against my back. I put my hand against it and realised I had backed into a tree.

Damn. I was now cornered as Alex took another step towards me, so our chests were almost touching, his dark brown eyes stared into mine.

I could feel myself getting pulled further and further into his deep brown eyes. I just couldn't stop staring.

Why does this happen every time?

I tell myself to stop staring...but just can't.

I could feel Alex getting closer to me, his warm breath fanned across my cold skin as he breathed. I felt his hand move up and cup my face.

Oh my god, were we going to kiss? Was he going to kiss me? Wait...what was happening?

A loud noise from behind Alex made me jump. I peered around Alex in the direction of the noise. Alex turned to look as well.

There was a wolf stood there. It was just as big as Alex's wolf, a light grey coat with dark flecks going through it, this wolf had dark blue eyes, which turned lighter as he saw us.

"I told you not to come" Alex stated,

He waited a minute before speaking again, "I'm fine, it's not a rogue"

Again, he waited before speaking, "Go!" he spoke louder this time, but there was a little bit of a laugh as he spoke.

The grey wolf darted off, running quickly through the trees before I couldn't see it.

"What was that?" I asked,

"That was Finn," he said looking back at me, "I told him not to come but he was worried that you were a rogue and I was attempting to take you on myself" he laughed and shook his head.

"It's like you were having a conversation with him," I stated,

Alex rolled his eyes this time, "Those brothers," he sighed, "When you're in a pack, you can like speak to other members of your pack in your mind. It's called a mind link" he explained,

"Oh, that's kind of weird" I nodded my head, "So can you read each other's minds?"

He laughed loudly, "Oh god," he shook his head still laughing, "No, you can only talk to each other, and others can speak to you when you don't have your shield up,"

I nodded, "Ok." I shivered slightly as the night's cool wind breezed across my legs, "I think I'd better be getting home now," I looked around, trying to figure out what direction to go in, "I just don't know the way"

Alex laughed and grabbed my hand, "Let me walk you to the territory boarder"

I smiled, and we started walking.

We were quiet for a few minutes until Alex spoke again, "If you're brothers aren't going to teach you anything wolf, let me?" he asked,

I looked up at him, feeling bad that he didn't know the truth about me. But then again, why should he? It's not like we were close, technically we should hate each other. There was just something about Alex that pulled me in. I had to just lie to him for now, I could tell him the truth when the time was right.

Suddenly, I start to feel very dizzy, my breathing got shallow, my legs gave way from underneath me and I feel myself fall to the ground.

"Elle," I hear Alex say as he lifts my head up,

I coughed loudly, I feel something rise up my chest and put my hand up to my mouth as I cough again. My hand is immediately covered in blood.

"Shit," I feel Alex lift me into his arms and start to walk, "My house is close,"

I can feel myself falling in and out of consciousness, the last thing I hear is Alex's comforting voice, "Stay with me Elle,"