TWENTY-EIGHT

TWENTY-EIGHT

[Elle's POV]

When Alex's uncle said 'fun'. He defiantly just meant fun for him and not me.

I couldn't even tell how long I'd been in this chamber for as there were no windows to tell night from day. It felt like forever.

Alex's uncle had been having all the fun he could with me. He had an array of objects in which he would inflict pain on me with and try and get a rise from my wolf.

However, after my episode the other day where I almost shifted, my wolf had been surprisingly quiet and had not decided to make another appearance.

Instead of letting Alex go, his uncle had decided to chain him up next to my dad, in wolfbane chains, so there was no way he could shift and help me. All he could do was watch my suffering.

"This is amazing," I hear Alex's uncle say as he inspects my arm,

I try to move it, but I had been put in double chains now after I broke through my ones the other day.

"You're no wolf, but you're still healing like one," he says looking up at me,

"What?" I hiss at him,

"The marks from the other day, from the electric probe," he says, "The marks are gone,"

I look over to my arm, confused.

"You've healed at a wolf rate," he says quietly, "The wolfsbane has no effect on you,"

I can't stop looking at my arm, he was right. The burn mark that was there the other day was gone. Completely gone, no trace of it what-so-ever.

"Just leave her alone," Alex says from behind his uncle.

Alex's uncle turns and punches his nephew in the face. Alex groans loudly. That's another one to add to the collection.

Alex had been standing up to his uncle ever since he was locked up, meaning his uncle had been beating the crap out of him ever since. And because Alex was in wolfsbane chains, his healing was much, much slower. Most of his cuts and bruises hadn't healed at all by the time he got a new one.

"Just because you're my nephew doesn't mean I won't hurt you," his uncle says, pointing his finger in his face,

"I don't care," Alex groaned, "Just leave Elle alo-"

This earned Alex another punch to the face.

"Leave him alone!" I shout, tears filling my eyes.

"You can shut up!" Alex's uncle says turning to me and growling, "Unless you want one too?"

"Try me!" I shout back at him. I just wanted him to leave Alex alone.

He storms over to me and punches me square in the face. My head turns, and I groan loudly.

I hear a loud growl from behind him, which must have been Alex.

"Don't bother nephew," he says, turning and laughing at him, "There's nothing you can do. T-" he stops talking suddenly.

Alex's uncle growls loudly and walks out of the room, slamming it loudly behind him.

What's going on?

There's silence for a few minutes before there's a loud groan from outside of the room and the door opens.

Caleb walks in with Noah following quickly behind him. They were both panting loudly and sweaty, thankfully wearing some sweatpants on their bottom halves and nothing on the top.