Chapter 73: Talk about it

"Fine. Fine let's talk." He sighed, sitting down at his kitchen table. I sat across him, and put my phone on the table. We sat in an awkward silence for a couple minutes, before he finally said "Did Paige explain?"

"Yeah she explained that you have to marry Kristy for money and shit. She also told me your plan for her to spy on me." I huffed, not looking him in the eyes.

"Plan? That's not what happened. She wanted to reconnect on her own. I didn't have any part in it. And Kristy isn't just for the money." He told me, dismissing the idea that he sent Paige over to spy on me. Weird. Maybe she really did want the best for Talia... What if I'm just pushing everyone who loves me away?

"So... So you really love her?" I choked, tears running down my face. I felt increasing pain with every teardrop rolling down my face. Why did I let him go?

"I... What else am I supposed to do Sam? You broke things off! You told me that it wouldn't work! And now you come back and want me? This isn't how it's going to work! You can't just treat me like.... A child!" He yelled, standing up from the table. A knock on the door interrupted our conversation.

"Let me get this." He sighed, leaving his kitchen to go get he pizza. My whole body was trembling, I have never seen him this angry before. It shocked me to be honest.