Chapter 14: Teachers Pet

I wasn't ready for 5th period, because that's the class Tyler taught. English. I was thinking about avoiding it, but I honestly couldn't.

"Good afternoon everybody, let's open your books to chapter 10. I hope you read chapter 8 and 9 from Friday." Mr. Starr said, as he started writing on the chalkboard.

"Umm, Mr. Starr. I was absent all of last week so I don't have a book." I told him, as he wrote plot and characters on the board. God this was so awkward!!

"Okay, Sami, I will get you a book and all the worksheets that we did while you were gone." He said, looking back at me with those baby blue eyes. My heart starting beating fast, and I blushed a little. It was just a one night stand last night, it wasn't anything special.

And I'm going to be dating Jamar now. I can't lose my friendship with Paige and I couldn't risk her dad losing his job. It works out he best if Tyler and I just stop seeing each other.

"Here you go." He said handing me a book and papers. It was The grapes of wrath, with something pink sticking out from one of the pages.

I opened the book and took out the pink sticky note. It read "meet me in the teachers lounge during 6th period. I want you.

My body felt tingly after reading that note, like he was my Prince Charming or something. But knowing how my life was going so far, I don't think I could ever find that.

I looked at him during his lecture and nodded, hopefully unnoticed. He winked back, and continued on with his lesson. He was hot, no doubt, and I wanted to be with him. I really did.

But there wasn't a way for it to work. Unless we snuck around. Maybe I was up to that.