Twenty

Its really hard to talk to him—through chat, confidently when my parents are around

My mind telling me that I shouldn't be defensive and scared about it for talking with him, that's right, we're just friends its not like we're dating, plus, its not like we like each other, right?

But half of my mind telling me to be careful, and being so much careful, I started lying. Hiding our conversation and sometimes telling them that its school topics. But its just really random topics, we're not really different in chats, if someone will accidentally read our messages to each other, you dont really come up saying that something's between us. We're talking like a complete friend-friend chit chat.

But again. Of course, I wont expect my parents to think like that. They'll always jumping into conclusions, shortly. They dont want me to have a guy talking with him almost everyday.

And me not being in a relationship with whoever they suspect, just being friends, but I need to lie.

Few months passed. And its near my birthday, My mom told me that I can have a small party at home. It'll not be at night but after lunch. She said I can handle it on my own since she'll be at work. Dad's back overseas for company purposes.

So it will be just me and my friends that I'll be inviting. Of course the girls and the boys will be invited.

"Hyerin! Walk faster! We need to go to the science lab quickly! We're getting late!" Shin hye shouted while she's running through the halls and I didn't notice I'm overthinking that made me just walk.

I ran beside her to arrived at the lab at the same time, Lisa entered with Jimin since they're partners.

The class went well and same as my report for the short lesson. It was fun that all of our reports are discussed well that our professor gave as high grades.

That didnt last after the class since its raining so much outside.

"S.hit I didn't bought my umbrella with me" Shin hye cursed while thinking of a way to get back to the other building for the next subject.

"Duh? Who else would've think to bring umbrellas at a lab? It doesn't look like gonna rain from a while ago" I said and desperately wanted to cross to go to the main building.

"I would"

I turned my head to the person who spoke realising its Irene. "We dont care. Use it or else we will" I replied turning my back at her again.

"As if I'm gonna use it alone?" She said leaving me confused

I swear I'm being confused a lot lately huh c'mon I'm a top student. So stupid.

My eyes followed her and I noticed that she's walking up to Taehyung and Hoseok.

"Oppa! I have an umbrella here~" she said cutely to get Taehyung's attention.

"So? Then use it" Taehyung replied as they're getting ready to run to go to the next building with their folders on their heads.

"You can share with me" Irene said grabbing Taehyung's arm to stop him from running.

I swear this girl wont last in this earth.

What?—oh c'mon Hyerin, urgh why did I say that.

"I'd rather be wet by the rain than walking under an umbrella with you" Taehyung replied in his straight voice.

"Taehyung! Its just this time! I dont want you to get sick!~" Irene clinging onto him so much than before.

Why dont she just—

"I dont want—

"Taehyung, Mr. Hyun is waiting for you at his faculty though you really have to go there" Hoseok said warning Taehyung for getting a detention.

Taehyung needs to meet Mr. Hyun. He do needs to be on time or else he'll be getting detention even though he's not late in class but in a meeting.

Taehyung sighed and looked at me with Irene still clinging to him. I didnt know why he looked at me and why I looked away after.

"Shin Hye there's only few minutes left for the next class we should go" I suggest

"Aw. Dont wanna be wet but— fine, 1..2..3..!" And we run so fast that we can slip to the little puddles of water.

My plastic case is wet. My hair is damp. My clothes are a little wet. But the worst part is my socks are wet.

Arriving at the next building with heavy breathing and soon after seeing Taehyung and Irene together under her umbrella that made me move fastly, going to my locker and getting my things for the next subject.

Closing my locker and noticed that Irene is fixing Taehyung's hair while they're standing infront of each other, Taehyung on the other side making he's hand through his arms to remove the small drops of the rain at him.

Irene is so stupid to tell Taehyung to go with her, why dont she just let him use her umbrella alone? Its too small for two people. Stupid.

"Hey, stop looking we'll be late" Shin hye said
"I'm not!" I replied and walked faster going first and entering our room.
"Yeah right" and followed by a chuckle.

Taehyung didnt attend the next class since he have a talk with Mr. Hyun.

Irene entered the class with a big smile on her face and ran up to her friends to tell a story. After I think she already finish the story she looked at me and smirk.

This girl be really testing me—

"Sis calm down. Detention or getting suspended because of her isnt worth it."

Shin hye said and I fixed my seat.

NOTEY'all this is too short for today, it didn't reached 1000 words I'll make it up to you to the next chapter! ✨      —eatkth

NOTE
Y'all this is too short for today, it didn't reached 1000 words I'll make it up to you to the next chapter!
      —eatkth.