~26~

Jhreams POV

After KJ left, I laid in bed crying a bit. I hated when we argued, especially in a different state when we were supposed to be enjoying each other.

We could never be happy together for too long, something always came up.

BANG BANG BANG

"Open up it's the police"

I stopped in my tracks and looked at the door in confusion. Assuming it was coming from the room across or next to me. Just not me.

Once again they began to bang and that's when I realized they were at my door. I stood from the bed, tightening my silk robe and walked to the door.

"Yes?" I asked opening up.

"Hello how are you doing today?" The black man asked. To the side of him stood a female cop and another white male officer.

"I'm good. Are you good?" I asked.

"Well are you Jhream Lewis?" The officer asked. Instantly, I grew confused. This wasn't some small petty situation or misunderstanding... hell this wasn't even about Kyree, they specifically asked for me and only me.

"Yes.. is everything okay?" I asked. They looked amongst each other before the white officer pulled his hand cuffs and tucked my hands behind my back.

"You have the right to remain silent, you will be taken under custody for further investigation"

•••

The next morning

Kyree's POV

I had finally got ahold of Jhream since yesterday & the call intensified my nerves even more. Just hearing how stressed and worried she was made me sick.

"Kyree I don't know what's going on I don't wanna spend this pregnancy alone in a cold jail cell, you know I've stressed being alone enough" Jhream cried to me.

Everything she said was followed by worry. She took no breaks or pauses between her sentences & wasn't ashamed to break down to me.

Fuck man. Why could shit never go good for me & her? Every time we was happy we'd argue, stop talking then one of us gets put through some bull shit.

"I'm sorry about earlier" I said running my hand down my face. "I know baby. I'm sorry too... I have to work on myself" she replied.

"My guard is up too high it's making me selfish. But isn't this what everyone wanted?" She asked. Although she was right, I even wanted her to stand her ground more, she was going about it the wrong way.

"I know me calling you dumb & stupid all the time got to you. Now you have this barrier up. When we said put yourself first we meant it, but don't be selfish against those who love you. Be selfish against those he don't deserve you"'I explained to her.

She remained silent but I know Jhream & I know she picked up on everything I said to her.

"I don't know what's going on, but I swear imma get you out. Once I get you out I am DONE with this shit. The arguing too. I repeated this a lot but I keep my word. We're gonna pack our shit and we leaving" I said.

"You promise?" She asked with vulnerability in her voice. "Yeah Bm, I promise"

The call ended and I threw my head back sighing. I had a lot to figure out. It was time for me to start house searching in somewhere other than where I spent my whole life.

I was maturing tho. I could feel it & although everything going on over whelmed me, it let me know how much I've grown. I used to love chaos in my life, now I just want peace.

Someone had found the gun Jhream lost in the club months ago & turned it in. Since the gun was dirty when I bought it from the streets, I knew it wouldn't trace back to me, but instead to the purse Jhream left it in followed by her other belongings.

When I asked her for the gun and she pointed to her purse that night, I remember questioning myself if that was the purse she wore or if she was drunk. After letting her convince me, she made me believe she only lost the gun and not the purse, that everything was alright.

I couldn't worry her, because she was pregnant and I promised her a peaceful pregnancy, but she'd be in jail for a while until they posted a bond for her.

I ended her trip to Vegas early & made my way back home. My first stop was to Asia, getting Mi from her & my second stop was home.

~~

As the days passed, it wasn't easy taking care of Mi all alone, but it wasn't hard either. I believe it prepared me even more for the baby we had on the way.

"I'm done with the shit KJ" Asia spoke to me in all seriousness. Jhream had been locked up for a week now & although I kept money on her books and talked to her every single day, Asia hated the idea of her best friend being in jail all because of me.

"I know... I am too-

"You say this shit every year. I need you to mean that shit" she snapped. I sighed and placed Mi's pacifier to her lips.

"I mean it. I'm taking her to Texas with the rest of the family and giving her the best life"

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

"Who is it?" I replied, handing Mi off to Asia. "It's me" a woman's voice spoke back. A familiar voice at that.

I stood from the couch and opened my door.

"Breonna?"

Yall please dont get Bri and Bre confused😂 (ITS MY fault for making Breonna and Briasia name so close

Yall please dont get Bri and Bre confused😂 (ITS MY fault for making Breonna and Briasia name so close. Asia is KJ's cousin & Bre is the one he fucked... I know I have a few fuck ups throughout the book but just bare with me on this one lmfaooo.

VOTE AND COMMENT❤️ We almost at 6k

Thank yall so much for the support tho❤️🤞🏽