~19~

Jhream's POV

We both remained silent while looking into each other's eyes. For the first time I could see more than anger on his face. He was sad, hurt, & look as if he were betrayed.

"KJ I'm sorry. It was selfish of me to take Mī, but I never knew you cared for her that much that it'd affect you if we left-

"Jhream what do you mean? I stayed up late with her, fed her, bought shit for her, adored the little girl. It's cool though.. Ian tripping like I was" he said nearly going off but finding himself expressing too much.

He went back to his bland facial expression & lit the wood I told him he couldn't smoke earlier.

There was nothing for me to say! I didn't know he looked at my baby as someone that close to him, other wise I would've kept in touch!

We First I was dumb over Adonis, now I'm hurting KJ. I just been fucking up!

"I was scared" I spoke after moments of silence. He took a hit from the wood & stared me down in disgust.

"I don't want any father figure to get attached to my baby just to leave again. After I got the job, I made a promise to Mī & myself that I'd get off of my ass. Depending on you wasn't a 100% guarantee we'd be okay" I explained.

"It wasn't shit I wouldn't do for y'all-

"KJ you're a felon" I cut him short. He looked me up and down, and eyed me. Without even speaking his body language told me to lower my tone.

I rolled my eyes and adjusted my dress before rubbing my hand around my curly hair.

"I'm a criminal?" He asked.

"YES!!" I replied. "What if you went to jail??? Or took a big hit in the game? Or di-

"Or what?" He asked stepped to me. Him being as tall as he was, looking down on me intimidated me, I admit but I couldn't lie.

"Dead or something" he laughed and ran his hand down his face.

"Okay Jhream. If that's the move that was best for you ain't shit I can say"

He put the wood in his mouth and walked out of the room. I shook my head, listening to him walk down the stairs and out of the front door.

Now I'm going to have to explain to my partner we didn't get a sale & get a few drinks after this shit.

•••

"Does mommy look pretty baby?" I asked Mi while going over my hair with my wig brush. She smiled at me while nubbing on her hand.

"Stop" I said lightly pulling her hand from her mouth. Her dad's side of the family sucked their thumbs, I'd be damned if I let her do the same.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

"Come on the door is unlocked" I responded to the knock. The door knob twisted and In came Asia.

"Hey girl sorry im late" Asia said as she sat some food on the table followed by a black book bag.

"You're okay girl, I dont know whats taking this man so long" I replied hugging her. She tightly hugged me back then pulled away smiling.

"You smell gooooood" she said hyping me up. "Thanks boo" I replied laughing & blushing from ear to ear. Being complimented on your scent is top tier.

"What is that?" I asked looking through the bag on the table.

"Girl some chicken as usual.. anyways, how you been?" She asked.