I grabbed some cigarettes from my stash atop the medicine cabinet and stuffed them in my pocket. My lighter was in the other pocket from last night.

I swished some mouthwash around in my mouth as I walked downstairs, where Michael was eating breakfast.

I spat the spicy liquid out into the sink and he glared at me.

"Why couldn't you do that in the bathroom? That's gross." He complained.

"You're gross." I retorted, walking to the fridge.

"What are you, seven?" He rolled his eyes.

"On a scale of one to five I am." I opened the fridge and pulled out the carton of milk.

"Don't-" I cut Michael off as I raised the carton to my lips and drank from it.

"Ugh! That was new!" He fumed. "You're such a slob!"

"At least I don't steal peoples girlfriends." I snarled.

"For the last time! I didn't steal your girlfriend!" He shouted, jumping up.

"She got scared from that movie we watched and came to me! If I really did steal her, we would be dating anyways."

"But you're not because who would want to date you?" I shoved the milk into the fridge and slammed the door. "I hate this band."

I shouldered my way past Calum as I stomped to the living room to put my shoes on.

"Then why don't you leave it!" I heard Michael shout after me.

I grit my teeth angrily and stormed out of the house.

I lit a cigarette as I walked, stuffing my free hand into my pocket.

I had only walked a few blocks when prepubescent screams came from behind me.

I turned around and saw three girls running up to me.

"Oh my God, you're Luke Hemmings! Can I have your autograph?!" One giggled nervously in a British accent.

"Yeah, me too?" The second asked. She was black, and the prettier of the three. I would date her if she was older. And if I still wasn't pissed at Brianna.

I sighed and exhaled some smoke. "Sorry, I dont have a pen or anything."

"Then, can I have a hug?" The third asked timidly, half hiding behind her curtain of hair. She sounded French. Wow, these girls had come a long way to see our show in a few days.

I looked disdainfully over the three of them. "Um...I don't think so."

The hurt on their faces looked like real pain, as if someone had just told them their puppy had died.

"Sorry." I sucked in another lungful of the nicotine laced substance. I turned and started walking.

I could hear them crying behind my back but I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "Oh grow up." I muttered.

I continued walking until I reached the pier. I took a seat on the end of it, my long legs dangling over the edge.

I tapped the end of my cigarette so the ashes fell into the ocean.

"You know there's an ashtray right there."  A voice said.

I twisted to look behind me. An old man was fishing a few feet away. He pointed to a wooden post.

An ashtray sat atop it.

I flicked the finished cigarette into the water. "Don't need it."

He frowned. "Hey young man, that's harmful to the environment. Pick that up."