Chapter 51

We managed to regroup at headquarters. Mr. Smith was there, and he gave us a big speech.

"Good job, everyone. We managed to rescue a lot of people from that awful facility. This was our first big strike against the Greys, and believe me, this won't be our last. Pretty soon those bastards will be gone from our planet!"

There was much cheering and celebration. Mr. Smith came up to me a few hours later.

"Thank you for your help, Derek. It was much appreciated."

"No problem, Ed. Anything to get back at those bastards."

He laughed. "I hear ya. So what are you gonna do now?"

"Well, I have nowhere else to go, so I might as well just stay with you guys. I will help the resistance in any way I can."

"I'm glad to hear that! Welcome aboard."

"Thanks. I would also like someone else to join us."

"Way ahead of you. Here she is now."

I saw the familiar face and curly blond hair in front of me. It was Susan.

"Derek!" she cried.

We embraced and kissed.

"Mr. Smith told me everything. What you did was amazing. Oh, I would love to join you on this."

"You sure? Don't you think it's too dangerous?"

"I don't care, as long as I'm with you."

"Oh, baby, I love you."

"I love you, too, Derek."