Heartache

It has been six months.

Six months of living in a house I never thought I would step foot in again.

Six months of seeing Cordy’s belly grow.

Six months of seeing Dan’s love for her and his unborn child grow.

Six months of seeing his face on all the gossip magazines.

Six months..

                                    Of not hearing anything from Rob.

Nothing.

Six months of still loving him.

Despite everything I still love him.

It has not been easy.

Our little band signed to a label so writing the record has absorbed any time I have.

The rest is given to Cordy whenever she needs me.

But still it does not keep his kissed filled dreams away at night.

“Bee did you just hear what I said?”

“Huh?”

“Thinking about Rob again huh?”

“Cor I wasn’t”

“You should really try to talk to him Bee, you know try to explain about Nathan and those photos.”

“I don’t see the point Cor, it has been months. Months of nothing so please don’t start this again.”

“Belinda, I see you day after day and that spark you had….it’s fading. Ever since..well I don’t want to lose you again.”

“I am here with you now Cordelia…I won’t go to that place again. I have you, Dan, and that seamonkey, that is all I can handle right now. Writing for the record is helping me work out through some of it. I just do not want to make it even worse by trying to set the record straight. Just drop it.”

“Maybe if you just tried…you love him and you cannot deny that. Just call-“

“It took one old photograph of me and Nathan to make him stop believing in us. In everything we shared. That is the one thing that hurt the most. He stopped believing in us.”

“Belinda Morgan you can’t honestly think-“

“Can we just focus on picking the right baby stroller here? I want to focus on the now and not the unsalvageable.”

“Okay. Dan says if the baby is a boy he wants to name him Bartholomew.”

“I am not having any of that nonsense! That name is the worst!”

We walked through the baby store picking out things we couldn’t help but melt over.

But I knew Cordelia Lennon well enough to know that she was never going to stop until she made sure that I at least tried to regain my happiness.

If there was any happiness left to save.