xl.

✼:*゚         

"you're back here again?" yiyang turned around and found sicheng, looking like he just woke up, with his hair messy and him still in his pajamas. sicheng's brows furrowed upon seeing yiyang's bloodshot eyes and he immediately ran to her and pulled her into a hug. "what happened to you?"

yiyang gulped and decided that it was time for him to know.

"sicheng..." sicheng nodded, urging her to continue, "i have hanahaki." she bit her lip before she continued, "like i cough petals and blood, and anytime...anytime i could die just because of falling in love and not getting reciprocated, and i'm sorry i only told you about this now because i thought it would be so manipulative of me when i tell you that i love you while i was ill."

she was baffled when sicheng laughed, making her pout, "i knew about that the moment that i kissed you in the locker room." and a kiss on her cheek, "and that's when i knew that i love you, no need to be insecure or be ashamed. it's what makes you-you, and if hanahaki comes along with having you, i'd gladly accept it."

yiyang found herself crying again, wetting sicheng's sweatshirt, and his hands gently rubbing her back, "and mother wants me to have the surgery." she looked up from his chest, making sicheng's heart ache upon seeing her in pain, "i don't want that, i don't want to forget you and the way you made me feel, no matter how dumb and painful it was, and God forbids our love, i want to keep that. yes, i've suffered but that's how love works doesn't it?"

sicheng could only hug her tighter and kiss her on her forehead, "and believe me when i say that i don't regret every bit of it. i love you, sicheng and i will continue loving you no matter how painful it is and i dont care if it would only make the flowers in my chest angry."

and that was sicheng's cue to kiss her full on her lips, but this time they were sober, it's all real, and there are no flower petals that are holding her back, no more feeling suppressed, the cards were all layed. there was no longer pain, it was only him and her. if it weren't for yiyang's stubbornness and persistence, she wouldn't be able to have this guy now and have her own version of a happy ever after. 

"i think i'm gonna grow a garden from loving you, but i would still choose you over everything, no matter what, you're the greatest risk and what 'if's' that i'd gladly gamble with." yiyang said in between kisses. "so does that mean i could kiss you again?" sicheng said with a smirk.

yiyang laughed but before she could answer, she felt a petal aching to come out, in her throat. she caughed on her hands and it was blue. and blue as a sign of freedom and love reciprocated.

she looked up and hooked her arms around sicheng's neck, "very much."

           ✼:*゚         

fin.