vii.

✼:*゚

fate must be kidding her. the universe must hate her. cupid likes to tease her. because unfortunately and fortunately, she was assigned to do sicheng's make up.

she didn't want to be rude, although she was hinting a bit that yoonoh and doyoung are making her too 'overworked', her sunbaes argued with her, telling her that she's not in the position to demand and to speak. after all, she's getting paid for doing her job.

her styling with yoonoh and doyoung went naturally as usual. small talks here and there, teasing them from every now and then. but that doesn't change the fact that she's sweating beads under her pastel blue crew neck sweater. and the couple noticed her unusual aura but just shrugged it off.

when she was done with the two, she took nervous, wiggly steps towards sicheng's seat. not being able to have a conversation with him beforehand as the latter was rather quiet as she talks with the couple, the air was tense around the two of them. not forgetting about the fact that yiyang might be...a little infatuated towards the guy.

"hi...uh sicheng." she said before bowing. her friends laughing behind her for being too formal. sicheng returned the gesture, "hi, yiyang." and he beamed and yiyang felt a petal caught up in her throat, trying to escape out of her mouth. she gulped and pain instantly struck her. hearing her name roll out of his tongue felt foreign and also painful to her. she loves it. she painfully loves it.

"oh? why are you pale?" yiyang was tossed back when she felt sicheng's digits against her forehead, feeling her. sicheng instantly pulled back his hand, "i'm sorry i startled you. im gonna calculate my actions better next time." sicheng said in one breathing.

yiyang shook her head, "no, no, it's fine. i'm sorry. i was just shocked...and am recovering from sickness." she lied. sicheng beamed at her and handed her his water bottle. yiyang looked at it dumbfounded. sicheng chuckled, "take it. stay hydrated, make up noona."

on the other hand, looking at the scene in front of them, yoonoh saw how yiyang's fist would clench and unclench, her knuckles turning white and how hard she was heaving. and it reminded him of something.

"ah, let's style you up now, taping's gonna start in a while." sicheng nodded and smiled at yiyang.

yiyang held his face gently, her touches are like feathers, and it was relaxing to sicheng. sicheng wasn't into skinships, but this was different, this was comforting. it was silent, but it was a comfortable one. he cleared his throat, "it feels nice hearing someone speak my language. it have been hard for me during my trainee days." his eyes fluttered open, and his eyes widened at how close they are and he gulped.

but it was nothing to yiyang. her body was on autopilot. she was unaware of what she was doing. all she could hear was the strong pounding of her heart against her cage and she focused on her breathing.

the session went well. the taping go on. the filming ended. and it was another tiring day.

and that night, yiyang coughed petals, of periwinkles and forget-me-nots. she flushed the toilet and cried herself to sleep in her bathroom floor.