xxxix.

✼:*゚         

"hello yiyang, i haven't seen you in so long." yiyang jumped in her seat when she heard sooman's voice. sooman chuckled, "calm down, my child. i just have some business to do with you."

"if this is about the surgery, you keep it." yiyang said bravely, shocking even herself.  her brows furrowed when she heard him chuckle again, "brave lady. just like your father."

"what do you want, uncle?"

"did you know that your hanahaki came from your mother? you were born on spring so it was naturally...flowery? your mother was on her last stage of redamancy and when she caughed, her petal landed straight to your forehead, and that's how you got it." yiyang could only shake her head at the new piece of information, "if she had hanahaki too, she would understand me better, right?"

"yes, she does understand you, more than anyone." sooman held her hand, "and she cares for you. that's why she wants you to take the surgery because your pain was her pain too, she knows how much it hurts, and it also pains her that she is gonna be the reason of your death, my child."

yiyang bit her trembling lower lip, trying not to cry and make a rash decision. her phone suddenly rang, her screen a photo of sicheng when he was sleeping when he visited her at the hospital. 

she smiled, "but no one's gonna die, uncle." she said confidently, "i believe i have found my remedy, and no one can change my decision." she said and went to the rooftop. and a few minutes after that, sicheng got out of his room, who just woke up. 

when he found sooman in their living room, he bounced on where he was standing and bowed, "good morning, sir." he greeted, to which sooman nodded. "she's at the rooftop. and i shall leave now. i pray for your success, young man." he said and patted sicheng in his shoulder and left.

sooman dialed soojung's number when he was out of earshot, "cancel that surgery, soojung. don't take away your daughter's happiness. i won't allow it."

           ✼:*゚         

+ hAH epilogue next jlkljslkfjsl im sleepy