Chapter Fifteen - The Hike

It's been two weeks into Bakugou's visit with Kirishima. They went around town some days and stayed in a watched TV the next. But today was the day they were going hiking.

     "Oi, slothfuck! Hurry up!" Bakugou yelled. He was dressed in orange shirt and black cargo pants with a dark green and red pack on his back, which held water, snacks, medical equipment, and survival kits. He packed everything because he was an expert in hiking while Kirishima only went once in his lifetime.

     The redhead stumbled down the hall wearing a dark blue shirt and light blue jeans. He was wearing is red crocs and his hair was tied back. Bakugou pinched the bridge of his nose.

     "Go change. You can't wear that. Wear something loose and comfortable and some actual shoes with socks," Bakugou demanded to the pouting hero.

     "Why? What's wrong with th-"

     "If we get stuck in the middle of the woods it wouldn't be comfortable sleeping in skinny jeans and socks will protect your feet from the cold and ground as will actual shoes. Now go before I blow the fuck up." He scowled and without a word, Eijirou dragged himself back down the hallway. He changed into some light grey sweats and reluctantly put on some new shoes his mom bought him for his birthday a couple of months ago, which were the only sneakers he had.

     He walked back out in the hallway and a backpack was thrown at him.

     "I'm not carrying all the shit," he sneered, opening the door.

     "That's fair," he admitted. And with that, the two men made their way down to the car and drove away. It took awhile to get to their destination, which was a park trail with many different paths that spread throughout a mountain. They got out, hoisted their packs over their shoulders, locking the car and starting their journey through the brush.

They walk up a few trails before Katsuki spoke up.

     "I wanna go off trail. This is boring as shit," he said. Kirishima looked at him dumbly.

     "Are we even allowed to?" he asked and made Bakugou roll his eyes.

     "Of course. How do you think these shitty trails came from?"he huffed, "From people who got tired of the same fucking path." And with that, Bakugou steered off to the left and began trudging through the leaves and branches, quickly followed by Kirishima.

~TIME SKIP~

A whole lot of nothing but tripping on tree trunks and rocks happened to Kirishima. He wasn't accustomed to forestry much. When he was really young he went hiking with his uncle up on the mountain behind his house. He loved how much freedom he had gotten there and would tag along with his uncle everywhere he went. He couldn't pinpoint why he didn't go hiking again, but now it's become clear.

He absolutely hated hiking. Sure, it's good for Hero work and he doesn't hate being in the forest or else he wouldn't have become a hero, but hiking was the only thing he genuinely hated.

The heat and humidity, mosquitoes, possible poisonous plant encounters, dangerous animals and etc.

But Kirishima didn't have the heart to tell Bakugou the he hated one of his (few) hobbies. One reason was because of the look on his face. He was grinning when he wasn't yelling at Eijirou to keep up. The hero's eyes were sparkling with adventure as he eagerly swiped through branches and vines. Bakugou was at peace and Kirishima sure as hell didn't want to ruin that.

The two men came across a clearing. It was circular and the lime grass felt fluffy and soft under their shoes and it was about five yards in diameter. Flowers were grown up on vines around the trunks of very tall pine trees. It felt almost man made but not a single trace of footsteps or markings were visible.