Chapter Three - The Incident

Katsuki woke up barefooted and sore on the hard tile floor. He grunted as he lazily opened his crusty eyes.

"Shit..." he grumbled. He reached for the counter to help him up, but as soon as he pressed down on it with his hand, a sharp pain had made him pull it back.

There was cuts all over his knuckles along with a scrunched and bloodied bandage.

"Shit," he whined once more. He used his other hand instead and hobbled his way up. He looked into the mirror he'd broken earlier this morning, and face palmed.

"I'm a fucking idiot," he told himself. He wobbled over to his closet, ignoring the plead of his injured hand, and threw out a black shirt and gray joggers and socks and black tennis shoes. He then went back to the bathroom to take a five minute shower which ended up being 16 minutes. After he got out, he brushed his teeth and towel dried his hair before throwing on his clothes. He finally gave his cut hand attention by rubbing stinging peroxide and wrapping it tightly. He looked at the clock. 7:30 a.m.

     'Fuck!'

     He grabbed his coat and ran out the door after locking it. He sprinted down to the train station, but the train had already left. He was running late. Again.

"Damnit!" he cried. He didn't give it a second thought as he used his quirk to fly above the tree line. His bandage burned off, but he didn't care, he just needed to get to work. He saw the tall skyscraper in the distance and created more explosions to get higher.

Balcony's line the outside and he could see his chair from a few yards away. He reached for the rail before his arms gave way from exhaustion. He hung there, trying to catch his breath from so high up dangling from tired arms. He mustered all the strength he had left to pull himself up and fell onto the concrete floor of the balcony. He lied there on his back for a minute in his thoughts.

'Maybe it would be best for me to take a break.' Bakugou shook his head. 'No, I'm a hero. If I don't do it, no one else will.' He reluctantly pushed himself off the ground and opened the door to his office, for which he'd forgot to lock once again. He made his way over to his desk and saw a pile of paperwork waiting to be sorted and filled out. Katsuki groaned, but he sat down and put himself to work.

     After treating his injured hand again of course.

——

"Bakugou! Wake up!" shouted a man. Katsuki's head shot up from his arms and was met with yellow eyes.

"Wow man, you look terrible!" he commented. Bakugou rolled his eyes.

"What do you want, off brand Pikachu?" Kaminari rubbed the back of his neck before setting his eyes firmly at Katsuki.

"A job has been requested for you. We sent as many heroes as we could, but they are no match for this villains quirk. They need your help." Katsuki heart clinched.

"Are there any citizens-"

"Yes. Many are injured and some are still missing." Katsuki's eyes went wide before closing. He bolted up from his seat and pressed a button on the pale grey wall behind him.

"Get out, I'll be ready in a minute." the red eyed boy ordered. Kaminari bowed before walking out. Katsuki quickly dressed in his hero costume and ran downstairs to the control room.

"How many?" Deku asked.

"6 villains in total sir. There maybe more," a woman informed. Katsuki narrowed his bloodshot eyes in Deku's direction. The green haired man finally noticed he was there.