Chapter Fourteen - Tell

They walked home in silence. Bakugou walked slightly ahead of Kirishima so he couldn't see his face all the well. He had to run around the arcade and tell everyone bye and had to sprint to catch up to the fiery blond who was already down the street. He was walking very fast, almost like he was afraid to get caught doing something.

     "Are you alright man? You seem jumpy." Kirishima broke the quietness. His shoulder tensed even more and he stuffed his hands deeper in his shallow pockets.

     "Just fucking fantastic," he growled. He knew that meant a no, as he could feel the sarcasm. They turned their street corner and the house appeared. Katsuki seemed to walk even faster and the other jogged just to keep his pace. He jumped up the stairs and finally turned around.

     "Hurry up and open it."

     Eijirou fumbled with the keys but it became unlocked and in a matter of seconds, Bakugou was already slamming the door to his room, not bothering to take his shoes off. Kirishima sighed.

     "I think I should be worried," he groaned. He dragged himself to to his room to change and returned only to flop on the couch and turn on a random movie. Alone.

-TIME SKIP-

     He was laying on the couch watching his third movie when Bakugou decided to come out of his room. He was in an orange long sleeved shirt and navy blue basketball shorts. He was shuffling to the kitchen, and if Kirishima had dared to say, he looked like a zombie.

     He paused the movie and got up from the leather sofa and followed him into the kitchen. Kirishima almost got slammed the door by Bakugou when he opened it and when they made eye contact, he noticed how red and puffy his eyes were.

     'Was he crying?'

     He didn't think as he felt a frown settle into his features and began to pull on him, his fingers wrapped firmly around Katsuki's wrist, to the den where he was sitting at. Eijirou sat him down as he let out a stream of foul language.

     "Oi shitty hair?! Answer the goddamn-"

     "What the hell is wrong with you? You've been acting weird all damn day!" Kirishima accused. He furrowed his brows as he stared him dead in the eye. His face was blank as he returned Kirishima's gaze.

     "What's it to you, fuck wad?" Katsuki growled. Kirishima felt that frown deepen as tears stung the corner of his eyes.

     "I'm worried, Dumbass," his voice cracked and he had to avert his gaze.

    "It doesn't mat-"

     "Of fucking course it matters! Why don't you ever tell me anything!?" Kirishima stood abruptly, weak tears streaming down his cheeks. Katsuki looked at him wide eyed. "I'm your best friend since high school for god sake! We live together! Spar together! Eat together! I'd tell you if I was feeling down! I'd tell you if I'm sad or worried or not! I trust you with my life, and yet you can't trust me enough to tell me what's wrong?!" His voice cracked multiple times, but he don't care. Kirishima vowed to let him see his weak side once more. He'd let him see his heart in soul if without question.

     Katsuki lowered his head l, eyes closed and fist clenched.

     'He's not gonna tell me.... is it my fault?'

     "Is it me? Am I the problem? Did I do something wrong?" he asked weakly. Katsuki's head snapped up and he glared at him. He fucking had the nerve to glare at him.

     "No! Why would you fucking think that?" Katsuki shouted angrily. Kirishima rolled his eyes.

     "Because I don't know what your problem is! I don't know what's wrong! The only thing I can do is assume and support until you tell me." He wiped his eyes and sniffled before sighing. "Just...forget everything. I know your not gonna tell me." Katsuki stayed quiet for a second.

     "I..." he started, but he snapped his mouth shut. Kirishima immediately knelt in front of him, making him look him in the eye.

     "I want you to tell me, but I know better than to force you. I'm.... sorry I seemed pushy just now but it's because I care okay? I care about you, no matter what." Katsuki averted his gaze, so Eijirou put his hand on his cheek to make him look at him again. "It's bad to keep things bottled up though. Sure, it might seem like it helps when you lash out or let it go when you're alone. But that's not enough. Soon, the bottle will break because you're keeping it to yourself." They rested their foreheads together and Eijirou closed his eyes. "Just know I'll always be there to listen when you're ready. I'm not gonna judge you because everyone makes mistakes, big and small. I'm not gonna act like I'm perfect because I'm not. Nobody is and whoever thinks they are is-"

     "A fucking prissy bastard," Katsuki finished. Kirishima let out a slight chuckle and leaned back, opening his eyes to see a small smile on Bakugou's lips. He now had soft yet sad gaze that was fixed on the ground.

     "Just know I'm here for you whenever you need me, okay? It's both an obligation of a good friend and a manly hero!" Kirishima smiled sweetly at him. The tension in the air was lighter.

     "You're fucking bipolar shitty hair," he smugly said.

     "I know I seem like that sometimes, but I just speak my mind."

     "Hmph, Whatever," he grunted, a smirk entered his face.

     "Do you feel better, because I do!" Kirishima said, hopping next to him on the couch. He rolled his eyes.

     "I can't believe I got lectured by an idiot," Katsuki scoffed.

     "An idiot with some emotional baggage." Kirishima grabbed the remote, scrolling through Netflix. "What ya wanna watch?"

     "Ed and Al Elric." Katsuki crossed his arms and shifted to get comfortable.

     "So your and anime enjoyer as well I see," Eijirou chuckled matter of factory. He rolled his eyes as the play button was pressed.

________________________________________

Published June 2 2019
Edited December 2 2022