Chapter Five - Concerning

Kirishima couldn't help but look at his phone for the past few days. Todoroki kept him up to tabs and provided Deku's number in case he had to call.

     Kirishima bounced his leg on the train. He normally wouldn't be able to get off work in time to visit Katsuki, but today he finished early. Very early.

     The train had few people, probably because rush hour was over. He bounced restlessly as his destination approached.

     He tried to ask what had happened but Deku wouldn't answer him, telling him that "It's Kacchan's decision to tell you." Kirishima was mad as hell, but he knew where he was coming from given Bakugou's personality.

     The train stopped and Eijirou was out of it in milliseconds. He sprinted down the street in the cool spring afternoon air and skidded to a halt in front of the hospital where Bakugou was supposedly staying. Kirishima took a deep breath, tightened his hold on his coat, and walked in with a large smile plastered on his face.

     He told the desk lady his business and directed him to the 4th floor.

The elevator seemed to be going slower than ever to the man. His worry and nervousness ate at him and unexpected butterflies gathered in his stomach. Was it the thought of seeing Bakugou or the thought of his reaction? Kirishima just couldn't seem to sort it out.

     The elevator door opened and the male looked at signs and directed himself to the blonds room number.

A brown wooden door stood in his way. He was nervous. Extremely nervous. He reached for the door knob with a shaky hand. He didn't know whether or not Bakugou was asleep or awake, but he was desperate to see him. Kirishima gripped the handle with his sweaty palms, and for some odd reason, he hoped Katsuki was asleep.

The red head wasn't exactly presentable. His hair was messy from the wind blowing it down, his white shirt was a little crinkled from bending over his desk all day, rapidly writing signatures for work. His shoes were his red crocks, well, nothing was wrong with them except it didn't match his black jeans. His black coat was still in his hand, so he decided put it on to cover up the sweat stains.

He took a quick breath before he placed his hand back on the door knob. He hesitantly opened the door to the room.

The area was plain. The walls were an off white that could make you sick staring at them for too long. The floor was a wooden tile that didn't even match the door. The bed was blocked by walls and a door that Kirishima could only guess was a personal bathroom.

He took a couple of steps forward from the door and closed it behind him.

He peered around the corner and found a sleeping Bakugou with a bandage wrapped around his head. His right arm and the right hand was wrapped tightly to where you could see every detail of his fingers. An I.V was taped in the crook of his elbow and that alone made Kirishima want to yank it out.

He hated to see Katsuki Bakugou in a weak state. It didn't fit him. Eijirou felt worthless for a second. He could've pushed Bakugou into telling him what was wrong. He could've done more to help with his friend. He could've—

"Why the hell are you crying, shitty hair?" Katsuki grunted. Kirishima was pulled out of his thoughts by the sound of his friend. He hadn't realized a stray tear had fallen down his face, but he quickly wiped it away.

"No reason!" Kirishima smiled brightly at his friend. He sat down in a chair next to the bedside. The man suspiciously squinted at the red head.

     "Bullshit," he simply commented. He sat upright in his bed and adjusted his pillow to where it was cushioning his back instead of his neck. "Damn these things are fucking uncomfortable."

     Kirishima chuckled a little bit.

     "What the hell so funny shit head?" Bakugou scolded.

     "It's funny how you complain about the little things." Kirishima smiled at his best friend. All the worry and anxiety that was bottled up in him just vanished. He was glad that Bakugou didn't change much, but he could feel a different aura from him. Something that was similar but different at the same time. But it was a good different. He didn't really notice it the last time he talked to him.

     "Why are you here?" Katsuki crudely asked, crossing his arms over his chest despite being tangled up in tubes.

     "To check on you. Todoroki told me you got injured and was staying at this hospital." Eijirou looked down at clasped hands. "I tried to ask Midoryia what had happened, but he wouldn't tell me." A small smile came across his lips.

     He looked up to see a surprised Katsuki. He didn't look angry at all. There was an innocent appearance on his face that made Kirishima's stomach do summer-salts.

     But it didn't last. Although Bakugou wasn't glaring, his face twisted into a familiar mean look. The blond looked away.

     "I would like to know what happened myself," he murmured.

     The red head's eyes went wide. 'He didn't know what happened?'

     "All I can remember is me sitting down on a beam and resting my head in my hands. Then everything went blurry," he confessed. Eijirou looked down. He wanted to ask about what had happened the night before. Bakugou texted him out of nowhere and at the cafe he looked dead.

     "Just say it dumbass." The man, once again, pulled him out of his mind. Kirishima hummed in confusion.

     "You want to say something. It's written all over your ugly ass face." The red head looked down. Now was his chance, but he could stop the hesitation.

     "What...What has been going on in your life?" He stuttered. A scoff escaped Bakugou's lips.

     "Are you blind? I'm in a hosp-"

     "Before you got injured. I might not be the most observant guy, but I can clearly see that you're suffering from something! I'm not that stupid!" Rage infiltrated Kirishima's calm nature. He stood up. "Why did you lie to me and tell me it was your mattress that was keeping you up at night? Are you just that full of yourself? Do even care about the people arou-"

     "Shut up!" Katsuki screamed. The shadow of his hair covered his eyes as he messaged his ears. Kirishima knew he'd gone to far, but he knew it was the right thing to do. Maybe. He needed to get the truth out of Bakugou because it's not healthy to keep things bottled up. Kirishima knew that if he did, he would blow apart. He would be unredeemable.

     But Eijirou was mad. No. He was enraged. He didn't like the feeling. He hated it and where it was directed towards. He clenched his fist, and took a deep breath, in which Katsuki noticed.

     He couldn't stop the glare illuminating from his crimson red orbs.

     "When you're ready to stop being such a narcissistic child and decide that you can trust me enough to tell the truth, you have my number," Kirishima quietly warned. He turned on the heel of his croc and headed toward the door. He placed his hand on the door knob before he spoke once again.

     "In the meantime, do whatever the hell you want." And with that he left without a second thought.

     He stomped down the corridor of the hospital and in the elevator. Kirishima stomped out of the hospital in total with light tears in his eyes.

     But it was nothing compared to Katsuki's state of mind.

_______________________________________
Published May 11, 2019
Edited July 11, 2022