Pero kahit ilang beses pa akong makipagtawaran sa kanya, kahit ilang pangako pa ang gawin ko o kahit anong bagay pa ang sabihin ko na gagawin ko magising lang siya, hindi pa rin sapat iyon para magkaroon siya ng malay.

Isa na lang sa ipinagpapasalamat ko ay iyong magtigil ng pagdurugo ng sugat nito. May pagkakataon pa rin naman na minsan ay nagdurugo ito lalo na kapag nasasagi iyon kapag gumagalaw ito habang natutulog pero hindi na iyon kasing lala hindi gaya no'ng una ko iyong makita.

Ilang beses ko pang nilinisan ang sugat nito, binasa ang tela na nasa noo nito, hanggang sa mamalayan ko na lang ang sarili ko na hinihila na ng pagod at antok, saka ako tuluyang bumagsak sa tabi nito.

Eros

MY EYES widen as that man from Alta Pueblo, one of my most trusted men, snatched Monique away from me and start pushing her at the edge of the cliff.

"Let that woman alone! Ano pa bang gusto n'yo? She has nothing to do with this! Just let her go!"

I can see fear in her eyes, begging for help, but at the same time, it's telling me to run away and save myself.

I can do that. I can fucking do that. I don't even give a fuck what will happen to her.

She's no one. A stranger. A woman who may or may not actually remember who she is and why did she came here, in my territory. She constantly annoys me, knows how to ruin my every fucking day and doesn't even know how to follow a simple rules of 'do you job and leave my unstable cousin alone.'

But that's what I thought.

Because no matter how much I hate this woman, how much trouble she brought, she doesn't deserve to be involved with my own personal problems.

"Eros—"

"Monique!"

MY BODY feels hot and heavy as I started to open my eyes and realized that I'm still alive.

After I saw Monique being pushed in the vast and deep ocean below us, with a bullet in my body, I'm certain that I won't make it out alive when they also pushed me right after her. That's why it kind of amused me to see the moon shining above me, here lying down on the sand that I can feel on my back, a shitty pain on my waist, and a sound asleep, breathing woman on my chest.

"M-Monique?"

I'm not stupid. I know it's her. Who would have fall down on the cliff ahead of us aside from her?

But my question was more like a confirmation, demanding for a respond, a kind of question begging for hope that she's actually okay and that it's not just my imagination who's making funny play inside my head, making her breath when she may not.

As the ray of moonlight shifted on her face, that's when I realized it really is her.

Shoulder length long, wavy, but now full of tangle brown hair, slightly tanned skin due to island's heat, thin lips that suits the small structure of her face and light freckles across her nose and cheeks that I just noticed since the day I met this troublesome woman.

I watched as she slowly move her lips and then her eyes, making me see her deep, brown eyes as it grows from confusion to delight.

"Eros! Buhay ka!"