The next time he saw mom was a week later with her being on her knees in front of a pantaloon of military officers in the middle of the military ground around 4:30 in the morning proposing to dad, 'You either say a yes or I will shoot you point-blank.' He looked into her eyes which once spoke fear but today they were determined and way beyond in love. He had bent a bit and whispered in her ears, 'Shoot me, love.' As per my dad's best friend who was present there my mother had kissed him right at that moment in front of everyone including her father staring at them with rage, he hated being disturbed when somebody intruded into the workout timing far was the thought that his daughter was kissing his officer, discipline mattered the most. Valour was my mother's thy name.

Back then I never thought there could be love more pious then there's where both of them surpassed their fears at individual levels to get along. Nanu never had any problem with them being together, he couldn't have been happier to accept his daughter's happiness and marry her to the man who had potential to bring out both, the worst and the best in her yet manage everything with ease. It's true that I have been the luckiest child, I had best parents, a true mentor and friend as my grandfather and a really amazing brother. Years later when I was around ten my grandfather had retired from army as a brigadier he shifted with us but for only two years as at that time dad's posting was in Maharashtra, Mumbai and it was my mom's hometown as well, we stayed along having the best time of our life.

My parents weren't like others those who came from their work and get indulged into alcohol, work or an argument. Undoubted, my parents did have fights sometimes even bad ones but those were kept at bay from us. When at home dad use to be his own self not an army officer. We talked in lengths about my school, ideas, craft, novels, ice creams, any new hot topic, even politics and at times about his work too. Though he was restricted to share his work details he always told us some amazing and interesting anecdotes. Mom worked as a psychiatrist in hospital to keep pace with life because for a person like her it use to get highly boring being at home all the time, during her free time she taught girls self-defence techniques. My mom is actually a heroine of my life. With her unique style and ideas she always introduced a different world to me. Being with nanu just added flavours to our life his impeccable sense of humour, wit and anecdotes didn't only entertain me but even gave me a vision to lead a life. A vision I am so thankful about.

As the ending of my father's duty in Mumbai neared we were preparing for his transfer to Mizoram. The saddest part of leaving was that nanu would be left behind. It took us a lot of effort to convince him to accompany us but he politely denied saying that he has lived a long part of his life travelling in army but now he wants to be a bit settled and then do something crazy with his life. He ensured to join us soon and for a long holiday. But I didn't know that it would be sooner then any of us had planned or even thought. After a month of being in Aizawl, Mizoram a beautiful state in the eastern India not just picturesque and delight to eyes but it had a soulful peace with it, something that made me feel like being in heaven. During our free times we had trekked on the hills at least twice and sat in the balcony of the army house inside the cantonment gasping at the beauty our country has.

Little did I know that the most beautiful place will bring most dreaded memories in my life. In an attack at the army base I lost both my dad and mom. Dad had been fighting for hours against the terrorists while mom had offered medical help to the army officers some doctors from the cantonment had gone to provide medical help in a rescue mission after a storm that had took place the previous night. Mom and dad were long gone when we got to know about them, they died with their hands in each other's. On hearing about the demise of his daughter nanu came flying to Aizawl and became our strongest support. I had just turned thirteen two months ago and Rishab was six back then. Nanu had hugged the two of us for hours and cajoled us while no tear made way through his eyes. Months later when I had casually asked him why didn't he cry he smiled at me and patting my shoulder told me in a very calm tone, 'I knew this was the fate they had chosen. I am proud of both of them. Undoubtedly, I miss them and do feel like crying but I don't want to. I want them to be remembered with pride and happiness to honour them.' I burst out into tears hearing him as I couldn't control even days later it was impossible to make peace with the loss. He kept hugging me and creased my hair. Though he was there but mumma and papa were long gone. Every single memory of there's made the void in my heart deeper.