Outlines

Ryleigh
There was a lot of noise downstairs when I woke up. Zack and Jasey were already awake and dressed as they entered my bedroom to wake me. "Good morning,"he said as Jasey cooed from his arms. I stretched. "You'll want to get dressed so we can load up. Everyone is downstairs. We leave in two hours,"he said and left me to get dressed.

I rolled off the bed slowly. I went to my suitcase with an outfit on top. Blue skinny jeans with my Panic! Crew tee that had my name blazoned across the back. I decided to take a quick shower and tossed my hair in a messy bun, putting my glasses on when I was done. Everyone was waiting in the backyard.

"Aw, Leigh, you sure you gotta go? I'm gonna miss you,"Pete said as he approached me first. Meagan was holding Marvel. Bronx and Saint were behind her. I nodded and let Pete pull me into his embrace. "You have my number, kid,"he said, messing my hair up before the others hugged me. Patrick and his family were next then Joe's and Andy's.

"Ryles!"Justin shouted as he lifted me up into a hug. Nick, Jack, and Gabe hugged me after him. I felt myself getting teary. "Before you go, I'm not sure if you met my wife. This is Katelynn and in her arms is our daughter Copeland,"Kellin said. Katelynn greeted me with a small side hug. Once Kellin pulled me in, my tears started to fall. This was really happening. I was moving out.

Kellin rubbed my back. I hugged Dallon next. Breezy, Knox, and Amelie followed. "Be careful down there, yeah? Visit often,"Dallon said. I nodded in reply. Mikey and his family was joined by Ray and his family. They said goodbye next. I held tightly to Gerard and Lindsey. "Stay safe, hesitant alien. Call me whenever, I'll be around always,"I promised in his ear. He nodded. "Love ya lots, space girl. I'm proud of how much you've grown,"Gee said before letting me go. I quickly hugged Bandit.

"Frankie!"I said and threw myself into him carefully. His individual project had a bus accident in Australia awhile back. "Ryleigh!"he said into my hair. I didn't want to let go. "I'll always be here, okay?"he promised. I nodded and we pinky promised. Next came Jordan, Abigail, Ashley, and my birth parents.

I cried as I hugged Jordan last. He was the second sibling I had met if you count Josh as the first. "Hey, I'll fly down and visit all the time, I'll bring Abi and Ash with me,"Jordan said, trying to calm me. Nicole, Dan, and Mike said goodbye next. We would see each other often and Nicole was going to give me more bass tips as I continued playing and performing.

Tyler, Jenna, and Will stepped up. I shook Will's hand, making him smile. Jenna hugged me and then I held to Tyler like he was my lifeline. "Hey, I'm not going anywhere. We can Skype and call and FaceTime every day,"Tyler said. I nodded and took a shaky breath.

Alex, Rian, and Jack were waiting after them. Jack hugged me then Rian. They promised to visit soon since they were working on a new album. I let Alex pull me into a hug. "Lex,"I breathed, not knowing what to say. "I know but you're gonna be fine. It's a new beginning. Change is going to come, you just have to go with it,"he said. I nodded and was about to approach Mom and Dad when some other voices appeared from the house.

I ran to hug Josh from YMAS. "Woah, it's good to see you, too,"he said. I nodded, breathing that familiar scent of his cologne. He came alone. Bring Me The Horizon's members came and took turns hugging me, Oli was last. "Gonna miss you, Oliber,"I said. "Gonna miss you, too, Dun Urie. We'll see you soon,"he said.

Vic, Jaime, Mike, and Tony showed up, too. It was all bittersweet, seeing everyone in one place. While this was sad, it was also happy. I was going to start a new life again. A life that involves my daughter and the man I never stopped loving. I ran to Josh and Debby. Debby hugged me and then I clung to Josh. Small, quiet sobs poured from my mouth. It had taken me fifteen years for my brother and I to find each other. He was married. He'd be starting his own family.

While we hugged, I ran through everything each person in this yard had done for me. They had all helped me in some way. They all made sure I knew I was never and would never be alone. They showed me what real love felt like. Eventually, I had to let go. I picked my little sister up, squeezing her tight and listening to her childlike giggles.

I put her down while she stumbled on toddler legs over to Zack where Jasey, Kennedy, Will, Rowan, and Marvel were together. Bronx, Cherry, Lily, Miles, Bandit, and Saint were trying to show them different things or toys. "Leigh,"Mom said gently as we hugged. "Mom, I'm going to miss you so much!"I cried softly to her. She stroked my hair. "I'm going to miss you, too. This isn't a goodbye. Honey, we're going to see you all the time. You're our daughter,"she said as she kissed my cheek. I nodded and pulled back. I attempted to dry my tears. I saw the tears in Dad's eyes.

"Ry, my beautiful daughter, when did you get all grown up?"he whispered as we embraced. My tears fell again. "Adopting you all those years ago will be by far one of the best fucking decisions we ever made. You saved us, you saved our marriage. We felt whole again. You changed all of our lives. Please, never lose that light and fire inside of you,"he said, kissing my forehead.

After we finished saying our goodbyes, it was time to go. I picked Jasey up and, with one final wave, I climbed into Zack's rental Jeep to start my new life. Bailey sat in the back with Jasey.

********

I felt so down. I was happy being with Zack and my daughter. They were so good together. I watched the Hawaiian Islands and the Pacific Ocean grow bigger. I had slept most of the flight. I still felt exhausted. We climbed off the private jet to see a girl standing by two Jeeps. She walked towards us. "Hi, you must be Ryleigh. I've heard so much about you. My name is Alyssa,"she said. I was shocked when she pulled me into a hug.

She helped load our things. "So, Alyssa?"I asked. Zack laughed. "Alyssa is my younger sister,"Zack said. "Oh,"I said, making Zack laugh again. We were driving behind Alyssa to Zack's house. After we unloaded the boxes to the living room, Alyssa left. "You okay?"Zack asked, looking at me. Jasey was asleep in her carseat. I went to set up her swing. "I'm okay,"I said.

"Let me do that, you look really tired,"he said and sent me to the bedroom. Zack let Bailey out. I curled up in a ball, Bailey next to me, and fell asleep. I didn't move for the first three days. Zack took care of Jasey and I. He went for runs. He knew I was down and out. This was a big change in my life.

He unpacked our things, setting Jasey's room up. Finally, on the third day, he convinced me to go to the beach with him. I pulled out my bikini, feeling self conscious. I changed and then changed Jasey before meeting Zack at the front door in an oversize shirt. When I pulled it off near the ocean, I heard his gasp. I looked back, confused. "You're beautiful,"he said as he held our daughter and kissed my lips gently before heading toward the shallow ocean waters. Bailey hurried after him, approaching the ocean froth. It was so clear here. I think I could grow to like this.