Forest

Ryleigh
Jordan and I walked for forever. He showed me all of his favorite places growing up. We headed back in enough time to meet the others and go to the wedding venue to rehearse. Josh was bringing Jim and I brought Bailey. I didn't have to put my dress on. After all, it was seen as bad luck for Josh to see Debby in her dress before the big day.

We laughed a lot as most of us goofed off and made funny faces. Dallon was one of the groomsmen alongside Jordan and Tyler who were the best men. Chase, Debby's brother, was also on that side. My sisters, Abi and Ashley, were with me. Jenna was going to but since she was so close to her due date, she was supposed to rest.

Once rehearsal was finished, we headed back to the house. They went to the kitchen for dinner while I claimed to be tired and not hungry. I disappeared to my room where Bailey curled up on the end of the bed. I took a good look around the room I was staying in. It was supposed to be my room if I hadn't been taken. They hadn't let anyone stay in here.

A keyboard, covered in dust, sat on a stand against the wall. I grabbed my Beats from my suitcase. I plugged them in and tried to think of what I should play. The lyrics to Forest popped into my mind. I closed my eyes and let the sound of the keys I pressed fill my mind as I started to sing.

"Down in the forest, we'll sing a chorus, one that everybody knows. Hands held higher, we'll be on fire, singing songs that nobody wrote."

For one moment, I wasn't in my body. I was one with the music. I didn't hear the knock on my door or notice Tyler standing in my doorway. My phone buzzing, pulled me away from the song as it drew to a close. I opened my eyes and grabbed my phone. I had hundreds of notifications from Instagram. I opened it, confused. I didn't immediately register what I was looking at as I read comments I was tagged in.

@fanficalicious: @ryleighdunurie is so talented. God I love her voice. I hope she publishes her own music.

@bandfandomobsessed: @ryleighdunurie please cover All Time Low next!!!

@abigialdun:THAT'S MY SISTER!!!

@brendonurie: That's my daughter! I'm so proud of you. I'll see you tomorrow 💕.

@frnkiero: @ryleighdunurie you're so talented miss you lots xoxo

@gerardway and @mikeyway liked @frnkiero's comment on a post you were recently tagged in

Finally, I took the time to check the post after reading, liking and replying to Frank, Dad and Abi. It was a video of me singing Forest just now. What the hell? I thought I was alone. I spun around on the stool I was sitting on. I had a heart attack as I took in a man's appearance on my bed in the dim lighting. I had a small lamp on.

"OH MY FUCK!"I yelled and put a hand to my chest to calm my racing heart. "Woah, Ryleigh, are you okay?"Tyler's voice said and I saw the man's hand reaching for me. It didn't register in my mind that the man was Tyler. After my hallucination at the airport, I was a bundle of nerves anyway. I flinched away, terrified. Josh appeared suddenly in my doorway. Josh turned the light on, momentarily blinding me. Tyler, Josh, and I were the only ones in the room.

"What's going on? I heard yelling,"Josh asked, tiredly. I glanced at the alarm clock and saw it was nearing one in the morning. When did it get so late? "We're fine,"I said and noticed the hurt in Tyler's eyes. Josh nodded and went back to bed. Once my door was firmly shut, I turned to Tyler. "You sure you're okay? You're not really acting like yourself,"Tyler said. "Positive,"I said.

"Why'd you flinch away?"he asked. "I--I t-th--thought you w-w--were s-s--someone el--else,"I stuttered. He reached to pull me into a hug and this time I welcomed it. "I was going to see if you were hungry now since you didn't eat earlier,"Tyler said. I shook my head firmly no. "Well, don't stay up too late. The wedding is tomorrow. You'll have a long day ahead of you,"Tyler said and stood to leave. "Goodnight, Ryleigh,"he said.

I threw on pajamas and turned out the light when he was gone. I scrolled through Instagram before I let the tears fall free. "Why am I such a fuckup?"I wondered. I sobbed silently into my pillow. Bailey crawled closer and helped calm me before jetlag pulled me into sleep. I woke every hour from nightmares and eventually opted to not sleep. I looked in the mirror when the sun started to rise. Dark, deep, black bags lined underneath my eyes. I grabbed my clothes and went into the bathroom to shower. I brushed through my knotted, tangled hair.

I steamed the mirror with water so hot it stung my skin. I observed my scarred skin and imagined what would happen later on.  A knock pulled me from my thoughts. "Hey, breakfast is ready,"Josh said through the door. "Okay,"I said back. I threw my clothes on and tied my hair into a messy bun. Everyone was gathered around the table and counter downstairs. Pancakes, eggs, bacon, and French toast sat there. I grabbed a plate and grabbed everything but the bacon before sitting with the others.

After breakfast, us girls were taken to the part of the venue we had and the guys went to theirs. Jenna was doing our hair and makeup. The dress fit even better than before. Jenna braided my hair back into a bun, curling the loose strands. It was similar to Debby's, only more simple. Jenna gasped in pain. "Woah, hey, you okay?"I asked, hopping up from my chair. She was grasping her stomach. "Yeah, I'm good,"she assured us as she went back to our hair and makeup.