Last Young Renegade

Ryleigh
One week later, we had flown back home for a couple days before getting on a flight to Reading and Leeds. Jenna and Tyler were getting along well with little Will. Alex's wedding was coming up which made me anxious. I didn't know how things would be with Zack. Bailey had to be crated so she wasn't up here with me. Mom had to stay home since she's getting so close to her date. Linda and Spencer are staying close to help her.

"Hey, girly, you okay?"Nicole asked as she sat next to me. The label gave us a private jet this time that we were sharing with Fall Out Boy. Twenty One Pilots wasn't performing this year since Jenna just had Will. "Yeah,"I answered as I fiddled with my sleeve. She pulled out her phone and began typing. This is one of our biggest shows we play a year and we're headlining. I still didn't know Nicole all that well but I was excited to have another girl on tour. She has a kind heart similar to mom.

"Actually, not really,"I said. She glanced up at me with concern in her eyes. "What's on your mind?"she asked. "I think All Time Low is supposed to perform. Dallon's band is going to be there, too. But I'm worried about how things will go with Zack being there. Alex assures me it's fine but what if it isn't?"I asked and bit my lip. "Sometimes you just have to do what's best for you. They all understand that. I'm sure it will be fine. How long would you possibly be alone with him? If he pulls anything, I'll personally kick his ass,"she said, jokingly holding up her bicep which made me laugh.

********

Our flight landed awhile later. I actually learned a lot about Nicole. She has a roommate named Breanna who sings and plays music with her. Her boyfriend, Kosie, is also a musician. She told me about her younger brother and that she wears her drum key necklace in memory of him. It was his drum key, I could tell she cared for him a lot. She was from Fresno.

In return, I told her my story. Of the shitty things and the not so shitty things. She didn't treat me differently or give me any looks. She simply hugged me. Now, we had to find our bus. We had a lot of downtime. I approached dad. "Hey, dad?"I asked. "Yeah, Ry, what's up?"he asked, looking over at me. "Can I get my nose pierced?"I asked, giving him my puppy dog eyes. "Ryleigh, I don't know. That's so serious and permanent. Are you sure?"he asked. "Yeah, I'm sure. I want this,"I said. He caved in.

The band tagged along as we walked the streets after our bus parked at the venue. We ran into several fans and took photos. We walked past a tattoo parlor. I tugged Dad's hand to stop him. "Hey, guys, we'll meet you at the venue in a bit,"Dad said. They shrugged and walked off besides Nicole and Zack Hall. Zack had to since he was security but I was surprised to see Nicole.

"What's the plan?"Nicole asked me as we entered the tattoo shop. I wanted a tattoo, too. I decided that should wait for another day. "I'm gonna get my nose pierced,"I told her. "Oh, cool!"she said. I nodded. "Hello, how may I help you today?"a woman asked, coming from a back room. She looked up and gasped. "You're Brendon Urie!"she exclaimed. She was in her 20s. "That I am, would you like a picture?"he asked. She nodded and they took a selfie quick.

I glanced at her name tag, it read Veronica. She asked for a picture with all of us. "So, what brings you here today?"she asked. Dad looked to me. "I would like to get my nose pierced please,"I said. "Sure thing! Follow me,"she said and directed me to sit on a stool while she got herself set up. I had picked out a small sterling silver ring for the left side of my nose. It only took a few minutes and it didn't really hurt at all. Veronica handed me a mirror and I admired it. I actually adored it.

"What do I owe you?"Dad asked. "Nothing. Just keep on making music,"she said. "Oh, please, I insist,"Dad said and tried to pay. "Really, it's on me,"she said. When she wasn't looking, Dad slipped a $100 bill on the counter then we left to walk back to the bus.

**********

"You sure you'll be okay?"Dad asked as he slipped on his jacket. I nodded and petted Bailey's head. I flopped onto the couch then decided to go. I grabbed a small backpack and made my way off the bus in my band t-shirt and black skinny jeans with holes in the knees. I was wearing a pair of slightly beat up Converse. I decided to leave Bailey on the bus since I'd probably go on stage and play a few songs. I made sure I had my pass around my neck.

I shut the bus door and locked it with a key I had. We all had one since we didn't want unknown people on our bus. I started to run, afraid I would miss it. We had a show in the afternoon and later tonight. I ran into someone and looked up to see Frank. "Frankie!"I said and hugged him. "Hey, Ry, where are you going?"he asked. "I'm headed to the stage,"I said and glanced at my watch. "Shit! I gotta go! See ya later!"I said and started running again.

I ran into something hard all of a sudden. I hadn't been watching where I was going and fell on my butt. "Woah there!"the voice said and held a hand down to help me up. I took it then dusted myself off. "Sorry I wasn't watching where I was going,"I apologized. "It's okay,"the voice said again, sounding oddly familiar. I looked up and was met with Zack Merrick. "Oh, uh, hey,"I said. "Hey, it's been a long time. It's so good to see you, you look good. I love your nose ring,"Zack said awkwardly. Before I really knew what I was doing, I hugged him back as his arms wrapped around me.

I pulled back after a moment and, before I could run again, he grabbed my face and kissed me softly but passionately. I moaned and leaned into it. This boy was intoxicating to me. He pulled away and looked at me strangely. "Uh,"he said. Before we had a chance to talk about what the hell just happened, a gorgeous young woman walked up. She wore one of Zack's tank tops over her shorts that showed her long legs. She was skinny, tall, and pretty. She took his hand.

"Hey, babe. Who's this?"she asked as she batted her eyelashes at him. What the fuck was going on? "Andrea, I'd like you to meet Ryleigh,"he introduced me after he cleared his throat. That fucking asshole played me. I didn't want to be on stage anymore. In fact, I didn't want to be anywhere near the stage. She extended a hand to me and, instead of taking it, I turned and ran. I wanted to be far away, or at least on the bus, before anyone could see my tears fall. I fell for his tricks again. I was so sick of these mind games. I was sick of it all. This is the last time he would break my heart for a while.