I'm Not Ready To Say Goodbye

Ryleigh
I froze when I heard his voice. There's no way. That's impossible. I stepped closer to the bus. He appeared out of the shadows. "What are you doing here? I thought you were in jail,"I asked, my voice coming out weak. He laughed menacingly. "I thought you missed me. We had a good time together. Haven't you heard, though? Revenge is gonna be such a bitch,"he spat.

Zack
I was getting insanely nervous. Ryleigh had been gone for about an hour now, looking for Jasey's blanket. Alex and I sang to her, calming her a bit. Brendon, Nicole, Mike, and Dan were all getting extremely worried. She still hasn't showed for the show.

The TV on the wall flashed with breaking news. Jack turned the volume up. I sat down on the couch and watched as the newscaster launched into their story. "Four days ago, Gregory Harrison managed to escape from the high security prison in London, England. Officials are looking into the cause. They urge everyone to use caution and if you see this man, notify authorities immediately. He may be armed and is extremely dangerous. They believe that Gregory may have taken a plane to America, though they haven't found the exact proof, yet. Please use caution, don't wander around at dark. This is Julie Bishop from Channel 8 news,"Julie, the newscaster, said. The TV returned to normal programming.

I pulled out my phone to look up Greogry Harrison. Hundreds of articles popped up. I clicked on the first that was published several months ago. I skimmed the article. I froze momentarily before jumping up. Gregory Harrison is the man who kidnapped and raped Ryleigh while she was staying with Bring Me The Horizon. "Zack, what's wrong?"Alex asked. He handed Rian my daughter and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Ryleigh's been gone too long. That man, he's the one who took her to Sheffield, England,"I said. "You don't think---?"Alex broke off, his brow furrowed. "I don't know,"I said and Rian handed Jasey to Jack. I didn't think much about it as I started running down the hall for the exit. Alex and Rian were following closely behind me.

Ryleigh
"What do you want?"I asked as I tried to back away and discretely reach for my phone. He stepped toward me. His eyes were black. I was backed up against the bus. His hands slammed on either side of my face, preventing any attempt or form of escape. I flinched. His sour breath was breathed into my face. "Make this easy. It'll only be worse for you if you struggle,"he whispered in my ear as he twirled my hair. I felt uncomfortable as I felt his tongue on my neck. I squirmed uneasily.

The knife glittered brightly momentarily under the streetlights. "Any last words?"he asked and smiled cruelly. I would die here. I knew that, no one was around. They'd find me too late. I wasn't ready to say goodbye.

I gasped as he brought the knife closer and struggled backwards but I had no where to go. I screamed when I felt the knife enter. "Quiet!"he hissed angrily, placing a gloved hand over my mouth. The pain took my breath away, making me gasp, squirm, and scream. Tears fell down my cheeks. He twisted the knife and moved it around, smiling and laughing at my pain. I screamed again as he pulled the knife out with a smile and turned to walk away, leaving me there. I struggled to stay upright, whimpering, leaning against the bus. I went to reach where the pain was strongest. I needed to slow the bleeding. I didn't think I could reach for my phone.

My hands, I noticed, came away covered in blood. I realized he had plunged it deep into my abdomen. I didn't have the strength. My blood was flowing, more and more every second. A side door slammed open. My vision was starting to go black. I started to collapse into a black abyss. My rapist was getting away.

Zack
I heard a scream ring out. My heartbeat was in my ears. That was Ryleigh's scream. We were too late. Why didn't I stop her? Why didn't I go in her place? Every step seemed to be a mile. The door seemed so far away. I slammed into it, slamming it open. "Ryleigh!"I yelled, watching as she crumpled to the ground. "Oh no! Oh god, Ryleigh!"I yelled as I ran to her side. I didn't see anyone around.

Rian took off sprinting across the parking lot. I watched him tackle a man to the ground and knock him out while I cradled Ryleigh's head in my lap. My jeans, shirt, and hands were getting coated in her blood. It was everywhere, pooling onto the asphalt beneath her motionless body. I tried to find her wound. I lifted her dress, finding a deep gash. I applied pressure with both hands onto it. "Alex! Alex, call 911!"I cried out, tears starting to fall down my face. Rian was sitting on the man's hands. Alex was on the phone. "Yes, South Mason Dr,"he replied to the dispatcher. "We'll need an ambulance,"he said.

I focused on Ryleigh. I was trying to slow her bleeding. She was growing pale. I looked at her beautiful face. I remembered when I first saw her, noting her beauty that no one saw. The personality that drew everyone around her in. She had so much love. She lit the room up but she didn't see it. She was loved deeply by many. She's the mother of our daughter.

Sirens grew closer. A policeman ran around the side of the venue as yelling came around. "Here! We're over here!"I yelled. The policeman took notice, signaling to the others. Help was here. I hope it isn't too late. Alex led the medics to us while the police officers took the man, known as Gregory Harrison, into custody. He smiled at me, making me shiver. Rian came to my side. The medics carefully took Ryleigh.

"Woah, did you get hurt?"Rian asked, pointing to my bloodsoaked jeans. I looked down, taking in the blood as the medics huddled around Ryleigh. I couldn't see much as they yelled and hurriedly loaded her into the ambulance. "Sir, you're going to have to come behind us, we have to leave now if she has any chance to make it,"the female medic said. I nodded. "Parkview Medical Center,"she said. I nodded once more.

"Let's get you cleaned up,"Alex said, leading me inside. I wanted to be with Ryleigh. Alex led me to a shower where I rinsed her blood from my hands and arms. Alex tossed my clothes into the trash, bringing me fresh ones. Gym shorts and a tank top. I realized then I had to break the news to Brendon. I let myself cry in the shower, not knowing if the girl I loved would survive the night.