White Noise

Ryleigh
"When is the date?"I asked, suddenly excited. "I think I'm going to let you wait with the fans,"Josh said teasingly. "Jissshhhwwwaaa,"I begged, drawing the word out. "August 3rd. If you're going to be a bridesmaid, you'll have to shop with Debby before then. Jenna might go, too,"he said. It was March now which meant I had about 5 months to get my shit together. After that, we sat in silence for the rest of the flight. Somewhere in that time frame, I finally fell asleep with my head against the window.

"Come on, Ry, time to get up,"Josh said, shaking me awake gently. I opened my eyes and stretched before standing up, grabbing my backpack and exiting the plane. We had to wait in baggage for awhile while they got our luggage out from the plane. "Tyyyyyjooooo,"I whined sleepily. He laughed and swung me onto his back where I fell asleep with my head on his shoulder. I was exhausted, jet lag pulling on my body.

*********

I woke up in a hotel room with only a small lamp on and light coming from a TV. I rolled over and stood up. Tyler and Josh were sitting on the couch, watching TV. "Hey, how are you doing?"Tyler asked after a few minutes. I jumped, realizing I had zoned out. I shrugged and he pulled me into a hug. It would take years for these memories to fade if they ever did. "Well, your dad is in a meeting. Do you want to do anything?"Josh asked, glancing up from his phone. I shrugged. "The Statue of Liberty?"I asked. The last time I was here, I didn't get to see it.

They nodded. I ran over to my bag then to the bathroom. I changed into some black ripped skinny jeans, a white My Chemical Romance tank top, and a twenty one pilots hoodie that was probably Josh's at some point. I put on makeup, including winged eyeliner. "Ready?"Tyler asked with excitement glinting in his brown eyes. I nodded, shoved my phone into my back pocket and followed them out the door. Tyler put on a pair of sunglasses that I'm pretty sure we're Jenna's while Josh put on a black beanie, his sunglasses attached to the front of his shirt.

We stepped outside of the hotel and I felt the water droplets hitting me. "It's raining,"Tyler stated as I looked up to let it hit my face. "Okay, captain obvious,"I said and Josh picked me up. "Josh!"I squealed as he threw me over his shoulder. We were two blocks from the ferry boats so we decided to walk. The rain let up after a few minutes, leaving a damp cold behind.

Tyler bought the tickets and we got on the ferry. Looking closer at her, I saw the look on her face and felt as if she could share all of the secrets with me if she could. "You know, it's been said that the Statue of Liberty wanted to prove herself so she never wore underwear under that gown,"Josh said quietly. He tried to keep a straight face when I started laughing. People were giving us concerned glances. My face was a brilliant shade of red.

We ended up going all the way to the top. The view was magical and I would've stayed all day except Tyler's phone rang. "Oh, shoot! Where is that damn thing?"he asked, patting his many pockets. He found it in his coat pocket and answered it. "Yeah, she's with us. She's fine,"he said to whoever was on the other end. "We're at the Statue of Liberty,"Tyler said. "M'kay we'll be there,"he said and hung up.

"We have to go, we have dinner plans,"Tyler said. I shrugged and we made our way down. When we finally got off the ferry, I could barely stand. It had rocked so much, I felt like a drunk woman. I clung to Josh's arm as I stumbled around, unable to walk straight or stop swaying. We ended up in an Uber and pulled up in front of a restaurant with a huge line. The sign read Stardust.

We skipped the line and ended up on the top floor. Music was blasting from the speakers and we found Dad sitting at a barlike table without a bar, overlooking the center of the floor. "What is this place?"I asked as I sat between Dad and Josh. "This is Stardust. A must see when you come to New York. The waiters sing,"Dad said. To be honest, I was really confused because this dinner was super random. I ordered the chicken strips and Mac & Cheese. It was amazing!

The waiters had neat stories and they could really sing. I was so surprised and knew I found another spot I adored. Also, in New York we had to try cheesecake. We ended up at Mama S'barros. They sold pizza and cheesecake. Finally, Dad spoke up. "Ryleigh, I don't want you to be mad at me for what I'm about to say,"Dad said.

"Why would I be mad?"I asked with a raised eyebrow. "I spent all day in meetings,"he began. "I signed up to perform in Kinky Boots. They loved my singing and wanted me in the production. It might be next summer before I get to it, though,"Dad said. "No way! That's awesome!"I said and hugged him. "Really?"he asked. "Yeah! You're gonna be a Broadway star. That's crazy insane, awesome, and hard to do. I'm so proud to be your daughter,"I said.

I looked up to see his eyes tearing up. "You're gonna make me cry. You're such a beautiful person. I'm blessed to be your dad,"he said and hugged me. We took another day to visit the Empire State Building, see Blue Man Group, we saw Aladdin on Broadway per my asking to see it, and we shopped around Times Square. I loved New York. I didn't know what the future would hold but I knew I wouldn't mind coming back here from time to time with them. After it was all said and done, we found ourselves at the airport at one in the morning. We sipped coffee, napped, and reminisced on the times before finally boarding a flight to return home. I felt much lighter knowing I finally had a support system.