I Don't Know What To Say

Ryleigh
I don't know how long I laid there. It must have been a long time. I was surprised I didn't wake Josh. Tyler found me. He went to come in the room and couldn't get the door all the way open because I was laying about a foot in front of it. "Oh my God, Ryleigh!"he exclaimed and slipped through the crack before kneeling next to me. "What's wrong? Are you hurt?"Tyler asked. I was a lot calmer at this point. "I'm fine. Just an argument with Dad and Oli,"I said softly. "Do you wanna talk about it?"he asked. I shook my head no and he helped me sit. Then we took notice of the blood.

"Where did all of that blood come from?"Tyler asked. I looked down just as confused, I didn't realize I was bleeding. Looking myself up and down, I realized when I collapsed I pulled my IV out. I showed my arm to Tyler. He helped me to stand and sit on the bed before he went to get a nurse. They came running back into my room. "Oh, sweetie!"the nurse said and bandaged my arm before reinserting a clean needle into my other arm. When she was gone, Tyler helped me to lay down. My ribs were really sore where the man kicked them. It made sense, he bruised them after all.

Tyler went to sit in the visitors chair. "Hey, Tyjo?"I asked. "Yeah?"he asked. "Can you lay with me?"I asked. He nodded and laid down. I slowly and carefully moved myself closer. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and I drifted off to sleep.

********

Dad and Oli showed up the next morning. Neither of them looked too well. Dark circles lined their eyes. I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow. "Let me explain. I know I was in the wrong I just needed someone to take the blame for the pain placed on you,"Dad said. Oli was really quiet and wouldn't look at me. I cocked an eyebrow. Dad hugged me tightly. "I'm so sorry,"he whispered. When he stepped away, I noticed Oli was crying and, with Tyler's help, I stood up. I carefully made my way over to him. I wrapped my arms tightly around his waist.

He carefully hugged me back. "This is not your fault,"I whispered in his ear and felt him crying hard into my shoulder. "I failed to keep you safe,"he sobbed. "No, you didn't,"I said. We stood there awhile until he calmed down. A doctor took that as their moment to come in. They were finally discharging me. Dad and Oli brought some of my clothes with them so I changed while they filled out the paper work. There was a bathroom in my room. Glancing in the mirror, I disgusted myself. My ribs protruded from my skin and the skin was bruised, black and blue.

I sighed and turned away to finish dressing. They finally returned and we went out to Oli's car. I climbed in the back between Josh and Tyler. We were going straight to the airport. Dad wanted to get me home, after all. I leaned into Josh's side, wrapping my arms around his waist. He put an arm around me then kissed the top of my head.

They had already packed up my stuff. I felt bad for the trouble I must've caused everyone. Most of all, I wouldn't be able to say goodbye to the friends I had made here. Music was playing on the radio but I wasn't paying attention to what it was.

********

When we entered the airport, I stayed close to Josh. Dad kept getting stopped by fans. It was making me insanely nervous. Like the walls were closing in on me and the building would collapse any second. Josh took notice and pulled me up into his arms bridal style. I hid my face in the crook between his shoulder and neck. He made me look up when we got to the gate. Standing in front of me was Jordan, Matt, Lee, and Matthew. Josh sat me down and I ran to hug each of them on turn. "I'm going to miss you guys so much!"I said wiping away a few stray tears.

"Hey, don't cry! We'll see ya soon!"Jordan said and hugged me one last time. "Flight 809 to New York boarding now!"a voice announced over the intercom. I looked at Dad confused. This was definitely our flight, though. "I have some business to handle in New York so we're staying there a few days,"Dad said with a shrug. I was excited, though. I adored New York. Even with what happened while I was with my mother, New York held a special place in my heart.

With one last glance at the guys, I boarded the flight with Tyler, Josh, and Dad. I sat by the window. I loved watching the ground grow smaller beneath us as we rose into the air. Josh was next to me with Tyler and Dad next to him. I popped my earbuds in and started blasting music. I just watched carefully as we rose into the sky and began the journey home. It would be an 8 hour flight to New York. Another 12 hour flight from New York to LA.

We were halfway into the flight. I was still bopping along to the music while reading Quiet by JacobAlexannderConne (aka this is a real thing you should check it out) on Wattpad. I tried to avoid most fanfictions, though. They freaked me out when people tried to put themselves in my place. Don't even get me started on them having Dad messing around with Ryan and Dallon. I shuddered just thinking about it. 

I was getting lost in the fictional world when an earbud was yanked out of my ear. "Hey!"I exclaimed. Several people shushed me. After all, we were stuck on a plane and they were either a) sleeping or b) watching a movie or c) reading. "I have something I think you'll wanna hear,"Josh whispered. I looked at him confused and annoyed. "Well, you know how Debby and I got engaged a few months ago?"Josh asked. I nodded. I went to the party, he flew us all down for it. "We've decided on a date. We'd love for you to be a bridesmaid,"he said.